Mods can't be deployed...

Lagruej

DeviceID                                           DriveLetter  FileSystem  Label        Name                                               

\\?\Volume{44edd8ac-04f7-4971-a23c-68b29f9631b5}\  C:           NTFS        OS           C:\                                                

\\?\Volume{aece6edb-f4ef-4ac8-823b-43d0e8c09000}\               NTFS                     \\?\Volume{aece6edb-f4ef-4ac8-823b-43d0e8c09000}\  

\\?\Volume{9ec5b8d5-0000-0000-0000-500600000000}\  D:           NTFS        TOSHIBA EXT  D:\                                                

\\?\Volume{1b52bd85-eefb-43af-81c3-b6112f6c0ec8}\               FAT32       SYSTEM       \\?\Volume{1b52bd85-eefb-43af-81c3-b6112f6c0ec8}\  

\\?\Volume{95008e6b-a097-11e8-a881-806e6f6e6963}\  E:                                    E:\         

So this is what I get return. I didn't consider in earlier commnents by I do in fact have an external HDD (the D:) I forgot it was there as I never use it, but I checked its contents just in case I botched my install at some point... but none of anything related to FO4 and Vortex are on there. The E: drive DVD drive.

Edited by Lagruej

Sorry it took so long to come back and respond here. I ended up somewhat diagnosing the issue, and I'm 100% sure it was an issue with my PC. See I was still working on my mods anyway in CK, and I made a mistake so I went to open FO4 edit and it was searching in some weird directory which I never used previously, outside of the steam folders.... so I checked Vortex again - the directory was still correct in there - but I used a registry edit to manually set the filepath for F04 in my PC again, and lo and behold F04 edit and Vortex were both working.

I think the problem was actually in my registry and the fallout launcher not identifying the correct filepath for one reason or another. Alot of it is beyond me so I don't fully understand what happened, I just know that when I fixed F04 edit, so too did Vortex start working.

Edited by Lagruej

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem, but i think it appeared because i have an extra drive for my steam... is it enough when i copy the mods folder from vortex to my steam drive and link it to vortex?

EDIT: Yes it works if you just make an extra Folder on the drive with the game and link it for vortex as the mods folder... it will copy the mods automatically...

Edited by jonyschmid

I have the same problem, but i think it appeared because i have an extra drive for my steam... is it enough when i copy the mods folder from vortex to my steam drive and link it to vortex?

EDIT: Yes it works if you just make an extra Folder on the drive with the game and link it for vortex as the mods folder... it will copy the mods automatically...

People would get more help if they started NEW TOPICS rather than Hijack an old thread.

• 1 month later...

Really, just make a new folder somewhere, say in Program Files (x86) and call it "Vortex Fallout 4 Mods". This error is just saying it needs to have the mods on the same drive the game is on. I have Windows on C: but Fallout 4 is on A: . This will fix the Hard Link issue. Don't put it in the steam game location of Fallout 4 (steam/steamapps/common) because the game could update and mess with it.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean "every single option for deployment is greyed out"? That's not how it works, Vortex doesn't show deployment methods as greyed out, it doesn't list them at all.

When no deployment methods are available you get an error notification that tells you the reason they are unavailable for each one, what's the reason stated for "hardlink deployment" being unavailable

He meant the options don't work you bumbling idiot.