As part of bug fixes I sometimes attempt, there's a bugfix I want to see if I can do.
Problem: Abandonware mod "Elianora's Breezehome" causes NPCs to activate the trapdoor to the basement constantly.
Assumption: Navmesh is broken.
Goal: Tweak the navmesh NPC behaviour is as-expected.
Note: Elianora's Breezehome marks the HeartFires.esm navmesh as deleted because it's an overhaul.
- When editing with SSEEdit, do I change the form ID of the navmesh to the ID of the original mod? What does that actually do to Skyrim's loading of the navmesh?
My assumption is it's a straight overwrite, but guides rarely mention to do this. (Currently I am doing this)
- If I load my game, the effect should be instant, correct? Since it's not a new navmesh, the cell shouldn't need to reset in order to use it over the base version.
Navmeshes aren't saved in the save-game, are they?
- I feel like I'm missing something that lets NPCs path through narrow spaces. What am I missing?
- What more can I do beyond use the test function of the Creation Kit for debugging the navmesh?
- Is there any way to hot-load this navmesh so I can get a faster trial-and-error development cycle?
I've had mixed results so far.