KS Hairdos Show up Bald In SSE?

noiiet

Whenever I try installing KS Hair (Whether its esp only or regular) the hair always show up bald. Even when I use Preache killer or racemenu. I dont use SKSE and the mod doesnt require SKSE. Everything is in the meshes - KS Hair folder corecctly

Load Order:

WICO - Immersive Character.esp

WICO - Immersive People.esp

WICO - Immersive Dawnguard.esp

Immersive weapons.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Live.esp

Immersive Armor.esp

Immersive Armor_ Exsstraa.esp

KS Hairdos.esp

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just for curiosity's sake, do hair pieces ever require fitting (bodyslide studio) like armor does?

Probably not (I use one hairpiece from a different wig mod on my female character, which appears to fit without any issues), but if so, perhaps that's where things are going wrong.

In addition, since I'm tossing out idle speculations, is it possible that the hairpieces in question are made for UNP vs CBBE or visa versa?

be gentle. I'm just offering possible avenues for debugging the issue. I've never paid all that much attention to wigs, but I do like reading these forum posts, so I can learn more about Skyrim (only been playing for ~8 months) and where possible inject ideas others *might not have considered when they're trying to fix things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

You just have to have Racemenu, SKSE64 installed for your game version and properly launchable so you launch THEM (skse64.exe) and chose your hair from the big collection.
If your hair can't be loaded, then it seems like you may have the Skyrim Special Edition's copy on your computer, which requires the sse version of the mod which can be found here: KS Hairdos SSE at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

If you continue to experience problems, then maybe your textures and meshes are wrong. Try to place every folder under /DATA properly. Like this: \Data\meshes\KS Hairdo's or \Data\textures\KS Hairdo's and don't forget about the .esp file, which MUST be located in the /DATA folder.

If you are running a not so sure, maybe copied skyrim edition form a different directory, you might want to use a mod manager: Skyrim SE ModManager at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Or:Skyrim Mod Manager Lite at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) Drag these files where your /DATA folder can be found, but not into the /DATA folder.

You gain acces from these life-saving little files to enable or disable your mods, your skyrim can run the .esp mod file.