question about getting permisions for using others content in a mod

mastermind005

So I would like to release a mod using content from the Toxic Raider mod for fallout 4. I tried messaging the original creator but I haven't gotten a response after a full month. under Author's instructions it says "Feel free to use any of my assets as long as you give me credit". So can I release my mod as long as I give him credit as per his instructions.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11878/

Like others have said, make sure the credit is visible on your mod's page.

I know it is the wrong forum, but Nexus should have a special type of inbox for permission requests.

As far as I know many people are spammed with too much negative / junk mail for the mods they put out so the inbox is understandably ignored

• 2 weeks later...

@Thandal:

First, sorry I did not catch the mention before now :wink: and forgive my bad English. It is not my first language

Not sure if we are talking about different spammers here :smile: Bots or humans

I am a noob when it comes to Nexus and the community (member for about 1 year), but I try to soak up info everywhere (on my own pace of-course :wink: and I am just thinking loudly here,

Would spammers (the human ones) use a permission request function for spamming?

I guess the answer is: if the function is there they will use it.

From my naive understanding (based on what authors have said in podcasts/youtube etc.) the reason they ignore the inbox is that the content is '97%' of non-constructive feedback, "MAKE this or that for me!", repeating questions that have already been answered on the description page.

The more popular the mod is the worse it gets. I do not know about bots and unwanted marketing type spam.

It may go against Nexus's philosophy, but maybe such a function should be available for premium members only :smile: