Custom gun: how to remove muzzle flash effect with silencer equipped?

Im trying to remove the muzzle flash from my weapon when a suppressor is equipped, and also adjust the location of the muzzle flash without a suppressor (the flash effect is manifesting itself in the middle of my receiver currently) Does anyone know what property in the ck or nifskope to edit to remove the muzzle flash?

Muzzle effects are AddOnNode "helper" nifs tied to projectiles. You can change the helper nif in the Projectile window.

An example using the 10mm suppressor projectile

From what I remember, all vanilla suppressor muzzle effects have some degree of flash going on, so if you're looking for a flashless, sparkless, tiny smoke puff effect you have to use a custom nif referenced in a (preferably custom) projectile. It's pretty easy to set up a custom helper yourself. A helper nif is used to host and make reference to AddOnNodes, which are secondary nifs containing the animated particles. An index of AddOnNodes can be found under SpecialEffect>AddOnNode in CK. I used the 'MuzPistolSmallSupp.nif' found in Meshes\Effects as base for my own muzzle effect, and removed all but 'AddOnNode16', which is a simple smoke puff.

The muzzle flash exit point is controlled by the P-ProjectileNode attach point in your muzzles and barrels. The projectile is traditionally generated in the receiver and then remapped through barrel and muzzle using the connect points (CPA) in the nif. Make sure you have connect points for P-ProjectileNode on barrels and muzzles, and a pkKeyword for 'remapNode' in your barrel and muzzle mods.

'remapNode' essentialy calls a remap function and is exclusively used to move the projectile node to a connect point within the nif assigned. So, when a barrel with 'remapNode' gets attached to the receiver, the projectile is routed to the barrel's P-Projectile connect point. And when a muzzle is attached to a barrel, the projectile node is further mapped to the business end of the muzzle. Just look at the positioning of P-ProjectileNode in the vanilla meshes and you'll get the idea.