[LE] Skyrim Armor Creation - Blender Nif Scripts

Noosh1

Hi everyone,

I have been working on trying to create my own armor mesh for Skyrim but I am struggling to make it work. I have installed Blender 2.49b, NIF Scripts version 2.5.5, Python version 2.6.5, PyFFI version 2.1.5, and NifSkope version 1.0.22. These all seem to be installed correctly, but I am getting some errors. Firstly, whenever I try to import a NIF file into Blender, it fails and gives me this error message:

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.5 (running on Blender 249, PyFFI 2.1.5)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\noosh\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py", line 1227, in gui_button_event
self.gui_exit()
File "C:\Users\noosh\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py", line 1579, in gui_exit
self.callback(**self.config)
File "C:\Users\noosh\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py", line 3750, in config_callback
importer = NifImport(**config)
File "C:\Users\noosh\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py", line 170, in __init__
data.inspect(niffile)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py", line 1258, in inspect
self.header.read(stream, data=self)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\xml\struct_.py", line 354, in read
attr_value.read(stream, data)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\xml\array.py", line 300, in read
elem.read(stream, data)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\common.py", line 691, in read
% (length, stream.tell()))
ValueError: string too long (0x00010000 at 0x0000003A)
and whenever I try to open a NIF file into NifSkope, I get this error message:

""failed to load file header (version 14020007, 20.2.0.7)""

"failed to load nif from 'C:/Users/noosh/Desktop/example.nif'"

previously, I was using NifSkope version 2.0 Dev 7 and did not get the error upon opening a Nif file. However, I was getting the same Blender error. I tried to change the NifSkope user version to 11 instead of 12 and user version 2 to 34, as well as changing the startup version to 20.2.0.7 and this seemed to fix that particular error but instead I was getting another one saying "ValueError: array too long" I thought this may be to do with my NifSkope version, so I downgraded to 1.0.22

any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been attempting this for a while now and I am running out of ideas. Thanks