FNIS "Bad Installation" problem

FanOfDestruction

Hi all I am getting this even though I am running fnis from the directory it says is not found? It is not telling me I have a bad install though.

>>Warning: Expected generator path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users not found<<

What am I doing wrong?
Full log Incase it helps
FNIS Behavior V7.6 6/1/2021 10:01:07 AM
Generator: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\FNIS Behavior SE 7.6\FNIS Behavior 7.6\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Skyrim 32bit: ??.??.?? - E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
>>Warning: Expected generator path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users not found<<
Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones) male: Default (99 bones)
Reading FNISBase V7.6 ...
All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Creature Pack not installed
I am running fnis from this file location,
E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\FNIS Behavior SE 7.6\FNIS Behavior 7.6\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
0 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character).
1 Warning(s).
Edited by Doelamar

• 1 month later...

Im so f*#@ing confused, I installed FNIS through Vortex, and when I try to run it, the files are in my vortex mods folder instead of the data folder where I installed the game, WHAT THE f*#@ DO I DO!?!?!?! Moving the app to the game folder doesn't do anything, and I don't understand what I did wrong, I've installed it via vortex before forever ago and I didn't have to do anything else, now it's all borked and I'm getting super frustrated

• 3 months later...

FNIS Behavior V7.4.5 XXL 11/01/2019 7:02:37 PM
Generator: D:\vortex\skyrimSE\Data\FNIS Behavior SE 7_4_5 XXL-3038-7-4-5\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from <Skyrim_Data>\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users. If you use a mod manager, run FNIS from its list of supported tools.<<
Skyrim SE 64bit: ??.??.?? - D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)
Expected generator path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
And don't tell people they've installed things wrong, I've installed FNIS and modded skyrim SE and oldrim tens of times before this, it's not only you that knows what they are doing.

And what do YOU tell us? Installed FNIS and so on tens of times, and still don't understand what it means when "Generator" path and "Expected generator path" are different?

There are hundreds of people who failed dozens of ways before you. Although most of the times it turns out to be bad installation of FNIS. Like in your case. But without detailed data I have one problem: my crystal ball is out of order. Now I see much clearer: you didn't set "Target" and/or "Start in" properly when configuring FNIS in Vortex.

I f*#@ing love you fore. My brother. Not really but you're awesome.

• 4 months later...

I'm using MO2. The funny thing is I use to have it all working, but now that I started with a fresh install I'm running into this problem again. It's funny because it only happens when I have FNIS creatures enabled with SL. I'll figure it out again. lol

• 3 months later...

Man do I love reading thread and seeing people act like complete tools to people asking for help. Take a deep breath, pull your heads out of your a**es and show some class like grown adults. If you don't want to answer the question, don't answer the question. It's that simple. You don't even have to say anything. No one is forcing you to get in these things and say or do anything. No one is interested in watching your ego rub one out. This is a help forum, so help, or stay out.

For those still trying to figure this out all that bellowing and puffing earlier was just to tell you to make sure the start and target paths are looking in the same place before you run the tool out of whatever mod manager you are using.