Creation Club Update is a Mixed Bag

LeddBate

What do you think of the CC update?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on the CC update? (Multiple answers allowed)

• Right during the Labor Day weekend!? Seriously, Bethesda!? So that we probably won't get SKSE updated for a few extra days? Thanks heaps.
    • I like some of the new content. (MODS dang it!)
    • Meh.
    • Just another collection of garbage, as usual.
    • Why can't the Creation Club just DIE!?
    • Why all the negative vibes, man. They'll eventually get their act together and put some better stuff out.
  2. 2. What would YOU like to see in Creation Club content? (multiple answers allowed)

• Followers
    • Gear (but not #$%^& useless jewelry)
    • Encounters (w/mini-quests and unique NPCs)
    • Homes (pre-made; maybe with a bit of mini-quest to purchase/acquire them)
    • Homes (build your own)
    • Campaigns (ranging from just bigger than mini-quests all the way up through full-sized DLC)
    • Not really interested in CC content

I do agree that updating over a long holiday weekend in the US wasn't the best plan. Especially when combined with the fact that PAX was on as well and a bunch of their staff and various community members went.

@ LeddBate .... I do agree with your disagree. I do not have any intention to convince anybody at all, just posting my opinion and I could be wrong, but why Bethesda is obligating every single soul that are playing this game to go into the crap of dealing with a crashing game because an update for their CC that not everybody is a member of ? Why they did not setup their CC in their Website, let us decide if we wanted to register, pay for whatever an whenever their CC updates, it would only affect those who registered not everybody ?

Are they fixing something in the game ? No at all ! They are just annoying everybody and when you annoy, there is something behind the curtain, a purpose, a goal and so far, I do not see ( perhaps I am wrong and I invite you to let me see the light if there is some out there ) any indication for Bethesda to do something good in relation to Skyrim and Fallout 4. They have not fixed the bugs in those games and now they are breaking those games every month - two months with the updating of their CC.

I do not think they will take off the candy off of our hand from one day to another; they are just adding dirt to our candy from time to time, so we can clean it before we continue eating it and that is the way they are annoying and making us get tired so we can quit dealing with it.

And the CC has also the goal to lure modders out of Nexus. They know modders are not getting paid at Nexus and they are offering money to some authors to create some mods exclusively for their CC. That is why Nexus created the Reward feature so we can donate to modders some money and retain their work in our site. What would you do if you were a modder ? What would you do if Bethesda comes up and offer you to pay you to create a mod for their CC ? Would you do it knowing that your mods in Nexus are not producing any profit at all ?

The CC is just a beginning of their future goal. In future games, and I hope I am very wrong ( and only time will tell us if I was or not ... and we revisit this subject when the time comes ), I really doubt they will allow full free modding as they did with Skyrim and Fallout series. The only way we could get some mods will be thru their CC in the future. Yes, their CC is a micro-transaction now, but could have a major purpose that we imagine in the future.

Again, as far as I am convinced I am fine. It is just my opinion but I would be very happy to be wrong and only time will tell me If I was.

Bethesda is only obligated to support what THEY distribute. The update works perfectly fine with that and doesn't break anything or cause crashes. This expectation that they never do anything that might break a mod is unrealistic. Modders need to adapt to changes in the game. It's that simple.

As for your conspiracy theory, you're being paranoid.