Photo

Crysis 1 - 2 - 3

2 replies to this topic

jjb54

jjb54

I need coffee to think clearly! :P

• Premium Member
  • 4,239 posts

I just got through playing all 3 games back to back.

SPOILER - IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED THE GAME.

I have to admit, it was a fun game and the ending was well done. 

Game 1 - I liked how they developed the story line and got you " hooked ". I also liked that it was an Open Sandbox on the Island.

Side Note:  I kept going, what would Skyrim look like w/this engine??? Totally awesome!! 

Game 2 - I was " sad " that they took away the ability to save in stages in Game 1 and moved to " Save at Stages ". Oh well ... they also did this in Crysis 3. I like staged areas of 2 and that you had to rely on Stealth and Cunning to get through some of ( well almost all of ) the areas.  I liked the twists of some of the characters and that Karma for some was indeed a ... bit.. ch ....

I actually had to Google to search how Prophet ( Laurence Barnes ) and Alcatraz worked they way that they did.  ( One has to do some homework. )

Game 3 - Was a very good " ending " to the story, if indeed this is the end of the story. I also liked the Cut Scenes. The upgrades to the Nano Suite was very good too!

Anyone else have thoughts - feelings and what they enjoyed about the game??

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Premium Member
  • 10,831 posts

I bought the first Crysis anew not so long ago from GOG.  Have it on DVD but just like with Far Cry there's things not right with the install that make the game hang always at the same place.  Got Far Cry as well from GOG for that same reason.  Can't remember much from the game except it was awesome looking and it was the first game I played where you could actually shoot the environment to bits.  Trees were chopped in half by heavy machine gun fire and cabins were disappearing in clouds of dust and pieces flying around.  Crysis is also the game that had me needing a better GPU than the Asus 760 GT I had at the time.  The 8800-GTX was released at around the same time as the game but was sold out everywhere in the blink of an eye but I was able to get me a new Asus EN 8800-GTS 512TOPS GPU that more or less could handle the game.  Seems like ages ago but it's just thirteen years.  Jeez.  Okay, for the younger gamers that's more than half a lifetime ago, but still...

jjb54

jjb54

I need coffee to think clearly! :P

• Premium Member
  • 4,239 posts

Crysis is still up there with Skyrim with me, personally. When I take a break from Skyrim - it's Crysis and/or FO 3 or NV.

13 years ago .. wow, that's a blink of the eye when you 65 years odd. 

Fun to read your post Jimmy - thanks, nice to know there is another Crysis player out there.

Reply to this topic

Page loaded in: 1.009 seconds