Random CTD's While Playing

TheSilentDANG3R

Random CTD's while I'm playing. They aren't too frequent but enough to take the enjoyment out of playing. PC specs are: AMD Athlon II X4 630, Sapphire Radeon R9 390X 8GB, 12GB RAM, 1.5TB HDD. (CPU bottleneck, I know, I'm workin' on it lol) game plays smooth. 35-60 FPS with ENB and 2K texture mods.

Load Order:

Fallout4.esm
ArmorKeywords.esm
dD-Realistic Ragdoll Force.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
EFF.esp
Fr4nssonsLightTweaks.esp
Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul.esp
Vivid Weathers - FO4.esp
DarkerNightsDetection.esp
FlaconOil_BA2_2K_Part1.esp
FlaconOil_BA2_2K_Part2.esp
FlaconOil_BA2_2K_Part3.esp
Grasslands - Healthy.esp
DarkerNights.esp
KSHairdos.esp
CBBE.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
EAMR.esp
Lots More Facial Hair.esp
Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp
AltNightVision.esp
AltReconVision.esp
FO4LaserBolts - NormalOrange.esp
FO4LaserBolts - InstituteWhite.esp
FO4LaserBolts.esp
Eli_Armour_Compendium.esp
Vivid Waters.esp
EndorsCustomCombatArmor.esp
EndorsCustomCombatArmor_AE.esp
EndorsCustomCombatArmor_CFA.esp
EndorsCustomCombatArmor_ChromeSynths.esp
ModularKalash.esp
BetterCompanions.esp
LooksMenu.esp
NoNegativeAffinity.esp
NoAffinityCooldown.esp
Altyn Assault Helmet.esp
Metro Gas Masks.esp
Military Gorka Suit.esp

Load order has been sorted with LOOT a million times. I always start a new game when I remove mods or add in substantial ones. I'm usually pretty good with checking mod pages for conflicts and requirements. So I dunno. I don't have the DLC's, if that helps. Lol. And yes, my game is verified. I bought it off Steam, lol. SKSE is up to date as well, and I always remove the previous version before updating. I always launch from SKSE and it always works (Puts me directly in game, no settings screen) if my game settings could be the issue, they are:

Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Widescreen
Resolution: 1920x1080p
AA: TAA
Anistropic Filtering: 16 Samples
Windowed Mode
Borderless
Ultra everything
DoF: Bokeh
Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+
Screen Space Reflections
Wetness
Rain Occlusion
Motion Blur
Lens Flare
View distance is right about the center on all sliders and qualities are on ultra.

I have no idea how to fix it. Any help is appreciated :)

I know of three typical causes for crashes:

1) Broken meshes

2) Bad materials

3) Missing or invalid FormIds.

Updating a mod is not always safe. Sometimes forms are removed which messes up your savegame.

My typical causes for crashes are broken meshes or bad material descriptors (I'm a modder myself, materials can easily crash your game if you tick the wrong box). I also had a few mods with broken nifs which also resulted in random CTDs, but I don't see any of these mods in your load order.

Did you changed anything mod-vise before the CTDs started to occur?

I know of three typical causes for crashes:

1) Broken meshes

2) Bad materials

3) Missing or invalid FormIds.

Updating a mod is not always safe. Sometimes forms are removed which messes up your savegame.

My typical causes for crashes are broken meshes or bad material descriptors (I'm a modder myself, materials can easily crash your game if you tick the wrong box). I also had a few mods with broken nifs which also resulted in random CTDs, but I don't see any of these mods in your load order.

Did you changed anything mod-vise before the CTDs started to occur?

Besides an update for Looksmenu and the installation/uninstallation of the occasional mod, nothing has been changed, haha. Someone told me to play in fullscreen mode, disable Better Companions and EFF and see how it runs, so I'm working on that. I'm hoping the solution is that simple, haha.

Edited by TheSilentDANG3R

The next, and most tedius, thing you could try is disabling all your mods and start your game. If your game starts then the next step is activate one mod and start your game, if your game start it was not this mod. Do this, activating one additional mod at a time, until your game crashes. I know its slow and boring, but baring any real skills at modding this is the method I came up with - it has worked before. Also from what I understand about LOOT, it does not sort your mods only checks them for errors, you have to manually sort your mods in the correct mod order, I used this guide as a base for mine.

The next, and most tedius, thing you could try is disabling all your mods and start your game. If your game starts then the next step is activate one mod and start your game, if your game start it was not this mod. Do this, activating one additional mod at a time, until your game crashes. I know its slow and boring, but baring any real skills at modding this is the method I came up with - it has worked before. Also from what I understand about LOOT, it does not sort your mods only checks them for errors, you have to manually sort your mods in the correct mod order, I used this guide as a base for mine.

On Steam, someone has said to turn off Bokeh and HBAO+ as HBAO+ is Nvidia exclusive and Bokeh is kinda needless. I'll do that and test it, if it doesn't help, I'm gonna remove one 4GB RAM stick, as mismatched RAM can have issues. After that, I'll get on NMM and disable all and start adding one by one. As for LOOT, it does indeed sort load orders.You can watch it swap .esp's around lol. Ironically, it only gives me vague error messages, like if a mod has an update available lol.

Update: Those things did not help. I got an additional 10 minutes or so but it still crashed. I also cannot remove a RAM stick without removing my GPU (Which is a b&@*$ to take out) so dunno. Might start fresh.

Edited by TheSilentDANG3R

You're probably on a wild goose chase as FO4, even after almost three years and umpteen updates, is still a rather shaky port from console and as such has tendencies to randomly go belly up for no reason at all.

Also knowing that FO4 sometimes has RAM use spikes of 10GB and more, you might want to have a look at ENBoost, despite having enough V- and system RAM. Set the localenb.ini to either 12288 or 18432 RAM.

@ OP : are you playing with NMM ? If so, why haven't you jump to Vortex ?

This new program will tell you what mods are conflicting with others as soon as you install the mod so you can resolve the conflict right there before playing. Or, if you do not want to use Vortex, have your try to resolve conflicts between your mods using FO4Edit ?

Have you tried to play with only 5 mods at the time and see what happens with your game ? Sometimes is better to start from scratch rather than trying to fix something that is really broken. I have done that before several times and helped me to find out the reason why my game was getting crashed.