Unable to stop Volatiles from spitting (Modding)

Deathcofi

So I've checked every file that had "volatile" in its name, namely those in data > ai > infected. There are 2 "main" ones, namely infected_data_custom_preset_volatile.scr and infected_data_custom_preset_volatile_super.scr, and I REALLY HOPE the latter one is the Alpha Volatile, for I found a Parameter regarding the visibility of camouflaged players.

I worked step by step, and modified the first file in order to turn off spitting, namely ParamBool("can_spit", 0). Hence the second file includes the first file, I should've been good to go. It wasn't like that, both normal Volatiles and Alpha Volatiles are able to spit at me. I went a step further. Changed the Parameters to these ones

ParamBool("can_spit", 0)
ParamFloat("spit_range", 0.0)
ParamFloat("spit_min_range", 0.0)
ParamFloat("dist_to_keep_from_target", 0.0) // must be equal to spit_min_range
ParamFloat("spit_speed", 0.0) // vs 35.0

In both files. Still no luck

Went ahead and changed every single file that had volatile in it - around 7 files, those ending in _final, _group, _no_jump, _no_spit, _nolight_react, _suicider, _wast and added the code pasted earlier, so all of them can have "can_spit" 0. I know every single one has the !include infected_data_custom_preset_volatile.scr line in it, but just to be sure, I still added those additional lines.

Not. A. Single. Effect.

Remembered that the Alpha Volatiles were added in The Following DLC, so I tried editing DLC17 archive. Same path data > ai > infected I found 3 volatile-related files. They seemed to regard the Mother and her clones from the Final Boss Fight. Didn't risk anything, and also added those Params to their files.

I shall also test if at least the Alpha Volatiles can see my camouflage even tho I set the ParamBool to 0. So far, this problem regarding the incapacity to "turn off" volatile spitting, through modifying files, has intrigued me a lot.

My request is an answer to why those Params aren't respected and a possible fix. I won't post it as a Mod, and, even if I do, I will ask for your permission first and offer you credit if you accept. I really want this for my personal experience.

Thank you for reading this and also for leaving a reply.

Edited by Deathcofi