Game loads small room instead of load screen, when in room the world loads in the background. Possible?

Something a bit different -

Just like the tittle says, it would be very cool to have a small room load up instead of a load screen - then a notification will pop up saying "world loaded/ready" and you walk through a door to exit into whichever world space/area was being loaded in the background.

the small room could be anything from a mini settlement for making a few chems before the next level, to a mini assault course where you try to finish before your world loads, or a firing range etc.

Is it possible?

I imagine a script will intercept the load screen event and load the room instead (the easy part) but how can we get the game to continue loading the area/world space in the background that the initial door or load screen was for?

And ofcourse, then how to tie an exit door to the world space that's loading in the background?

There is some engine-level support for this, transition cells. They're typically used for elevators, RedRocketTV has a tutorial video on how to make those on the Youtubes. I'm not sure if you can somehow abuse that for what you want to do.

I think the closest you might be able to get would be to examine how the game utilizes elevators for load transitions as it does with the exterior/interior cells of Listening Post Bravo (as one example) . That sounds like at least part of what you want.

Those elevator load screens are easy to set up with existing packins built into the CK. They might give you some ideas.

EDIT: looks like payl0ad posted while I was typing. :D

My tutorial was made before I knew the packins existed. They take out 3/4 of the work shown in the tutorial.

There is some engine-level support for this, transition cells. They're typically used for elevators, RedRocketTV has a tutorial video on how to make those on the Youtubes. I'm not sure if you can somehow abuse that for what you want to do.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Might be doable after all. Maybe. Knowing Bethesda the transition cells might need to be linked within the CK or something.

Very interesting guys! I'll definitely check out the elevator transition - that sounds pretty promising, at least for loading a cell in the background.

And I'll go find that YouTube video too ^.^ RedRocketTV, do you have any documentation or an updated tutorial for using packins? (not that I know what a packin is haha)

I think that if the game needs a link in ck, hopefully this can be done dynamically with a small script on the exit door.

Here's my video.

Packins are essentially groupings of various forms that you can just drag from the Object Window into your cell. Pretty sure you can find them under the Misc section or just filer for "Packin" with ALL selected. There are quire a few of them already but you can also make your own. The FO4 CK wiki should have an entry on them and will do a better job explaining them than I probably could.

Now that I I'm typing all this, I just remembered that Seddon4494 did an elevator tutorial using packins. That would probably be of more help.

After watching the video that Seddon4494 did, it definitely looks like that you need to physically select the cell that you are transitioning to from within the CK. It also doesn't look like F4SE allows you to do this dynamically either.

Edit: It's an excellent tutorial, however. I learned a lot. :)

Edited by Reneer