Manage Groups has three different pieces.

LawrenceFB

Mine looks like the constellation Draco, but with the head open. 0.15.9

That brings to mind a thought I've had several times when looking at that graphical representation of the groups: "Why are group points scattered all over the place with the lines crossing over each other?" I've seen two group points so close to each other I had to zoom in a ways to discern which lines went to which points.

I'm a visually-oriented person when it comes to taking in information. The Manage Groups page is a great idea to visually show how the groups relate to each other, but there's got to be a better method of visually representing the relationships. At the very least - if this is even possible in this current implementation - make it so the lines don't cross each other.

It's not. Laying out that graph is a very complex problem considering it doesn't have to be a line, it can have branches and loops (loops will prevent sorting but it's still possible to set them up and that may make sense if you intend to remove a different connection afterwards).

Any other layout algorithm I tried causes much more severe glitches, like edges completely overlapping each other so you can't even see some without moving nodes or the graph taking so much space it has to zoom out to the point where it's unreadable or putting things so close together that labels overlap everywhere.

So......is this another feature that I don't understand?

Looking at the "Manage Group" popup, it looks like each group is set to load BEFORE and AFTER other groups in the chain?

Hence the -------> Group1 --------> Group2 --------> Group 3 etc?

If so, then I've just learned of another feature that put me more in control of my load order than I thought i had.

Looking at the "Manage Group" popup, it looks like each group is set to load BEFORE and AFTER other groups in the chain?

If so, then I've just learned of another feature that put me more in control of my load order than I thought i had.

I suggest you read the LOOT documentation here latest and then explain it too me :smile: .

Actually reading the 'Editing Plugin Groups' page again it is making more sense. 'Cycle Avoidance' takes a few reads.

Edited by LawrenceFB

I suggest you read the LOOT documentation here latest and then explain it too me :smile: .

Actually reading the 'Editing Plugin Groups' page again it is making more sense. 'Cycle Avoidance' takes a few reads.

Yup, it helped when I broke out a pencil and paper and wrote the examples down and how they work.