⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Overlord II Help

K00L

Well I posted my problem in the official Codemaster Overlord II Tech Support forum, but it doesn't look very active. So I came back here, because I trust the wonderful Nexians and know the forums here are fairly active. I've included the Event Log created when it crashed, so maybe some really smart people can help (A.K.A. no one with a brain like mine! :wallbash: <--This is probably why it doesn't work like all the smarties. I should really stop bashing my head into a wall). So here is a link OR the post is below:

Well I just bought this one Steam! Wooo! Loved the first one and this one is great so far. Was checking out the Minion Burrows, specifically the barracks. If I click the arrows, I get a CTD. I pulled this out of the Windows Event Log:

Faulting application Overlord2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4a254d52, faulting module Overlord2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4a254d52, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00012efa, process id 0x1d50, application start time 0x01cd45ddb174a8d0.

And this:

Faulting application Overlord2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4a254d52, faulting module Overlord2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4a254d52, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00243d2b, process id 0x1d50, application start time 0x01cd45ddb174a8d0.

Both times it has crashed it creates these two logs. There is a difference, bolded for convenience. I don't know if any other place has menus like this with arrows, so I'm not sure if it crashes there or just at the barracks. Couldn't find anyone else with this problem, through Google or the forums here. Steam version of Overlord II if that makes any difference.

Thanks ahead of time,

K00L

Edit: Also, I didn't make this very clear, the arrows are DEFINITELY causing the crash. I checked to make sure. I'm running on the highest settings, no lag or any other crashes or freezing. Just this barracks menu arrow CTD.

Nevermind, I ran the .exe from the folder as an administrator and it worked, don't know if that's why it worked, but it did.