Hauptstadt Castle

vandorssen

The trees seem to be growing in a straight line

The pines are essentially acting as place holders until I can find some sort of hedge mod. If anyone knows of one, please tell me where I might find it.

Also, I have released a new download (just moments ago). The servant quarters are more or less finished (I am still going to be adding more details), and I am about to start on the Guard Barracks. Also, a slight update on the guest mansion.

Thank you again, everyone, for your continued feedback.

Once I have this out of its growing pains phase, I will submit it in its entirety to the MWSource mod downloads, and begin on the “big” mod. Please see my post in the recruitment forum if you are a capable modeler / texturer. That will be for the “big” mod I want to do.

And another screen shot.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*points finger to sky*

Every castle needs some sort of "bane" to it or something mystical about it.

Yes..be it Gargoyles, Vampires, or something.

*runs away*

*shifty eyes* Well, I had voted for a 'bane' in the shape of a German accordian player as featured in many bad Octoberfest pictures in homage to the original character design of Afred the King, but I got vetoed.

So we may use something like the two-headed eagle of Germany's royal arms or something similar to that. Of course this will be when we get used to sculpting the scenery. :) We're still getting used to things, so finer details like that will show up later once we get the whole project put together.

Another screen shot

Completed Court Room/Counsel Room -

This mod, for the time being, is just what it is; A Grand Estate with no particular quests to go along with it. There is an NPC buried in the esp file, but as of yet, he makes no appearance in the game. I mostly want to get the architecture done before going much further. My skills in editing dialog are sub par.

But the back story (in greatly condensed form) is this. About 1,000 years ago, a man suddenly appeared in Seyda Neen. Nobody knew where he was from or anything about him except that he spoke a strange language and had an incredible (some say endless) supply of money. He had an island raised just off the coast, and began building a fortress. However, he died, and another of his kind took over. He finished the castle, and ruled as a King the Bitter Coast region. He eventually died, and another (and the last of his kind to appear in Vvardenfell) took over. The last king became obsessed with the Nerevarine Prophecies, ordered the evacuation of the castle, left the castle, and was never seen again. After his departure, two more "Lords" ruled the castle, but had no power, and were of dumner ancestry. The records of the castle also maintain that the kingdom was disbanded after the departure of the third King. The castle was then apparently abandoned, and has not been inhabited since.

Now to go further in to the possible “big” mod that this is just a piece of, it turns out that the original King was actually an industrialist from a planet resembling 20th century Earth. In the bowels of the land beneath the castle there is (or may be) a gateway linking his world to Vvardenfell.

This story does sound a bit contrived, but it is a highly condensed form of the back story for a book and dice RPG that Strangeways and I have been working on for 4 years. Additionally, it has been adapted to be compatible with the history of Vvardenfell (hence the last king died long ago). But I have left it open, so that if the spirit so moves me, this one castle will be just the prelude to a possible large expansion. But a lot of things have to happen before that. Also, I am constrained by the fact that I cannot perform modeling myself, which limits just what I can do.

So, if we find this gateway, will we be able to visit Earth? If even with no new modles, that is a LOT of work.

Not really earth, my friend. If it works the way we are hoping (and have the proper feel for building things) the portal would open up to the game world we've created for table top gaming. It's a world where Science and Magic are at a continous battle over the people of Crystia. One side is heavily industrialized while the other side of the world is full of magickers of all descriptions. King Alfred is the force behind the industrialization while a figure called Strangeways promotes Chaos and magic. There are other people that use both forces to their own ends, but the main goal is to find and restore the Balance points of the two conflicting sides. Or find and destroy them, depending on which side the characters are on.

There is a lot more to it than that, but that is the main gist behind the game we have been tinckering with for the past four years.

So, if we find this gateway, will we be able to visit Earth? If even with no new modles, that is a LOT of work.

Not exactly... We would not likely do an entire world. At best I have one other person to work with besides Strangeways. However, it is conceivable to do the major cities of that world, much like going to Mournhold in Tribunal. BTW, here is the map for the other world.

Archived