[LE] Does the player get assigned to a faction when you adopt a child (HF)?

BellaDovah

I'm working on some scripts and I'd like to do a check if the player has adopted a child. If there is a way to do this I'm wondering if it might be through a faction just like you get assigned to 'playerMarriedFaction' if you get married. The only faction it sounds like it could potentially be for adoption is 'BYOHRelationshipAdoptionChildOwnedFaction' but I can't find any information that this is right. Does anyone have any idea?

You can test the Child1 and Child2 aliases in the BYOHRelationshipAdoption quest. If either is non-null, there is an adopted child.

I believe that Child1 is set when the first child is adopted, so you only need check it. Checking Child2 would be redundant.

Defensive coding ;)

Theoretically, the Child1 alias could get cleared after the second is set. Yes, I know it can't happen, but Murphy's law says it will :D

You can test the Child1 and Child2 aliases in the BYOHRelationshipAdoption quest. If either is non-null, there is an adopted child.

I believe that Child1 is set when the first child is adopted, so you only need check it. Checking Child2 would be redundant.

Defensive coding :wink:

Theoretically, the Child1 alias could get cleared after the second is set. Yes, I know it can't happen, but Murphy's law says it will :D

And we all know that Murphy was an optimist.