Texture Sizes

ForcefulMocha

I have a question that might be dumb for those who do graphic design and texturing but I can't find an answer anywhere.

I have an armor texture set that's in 2k for the main part and 1k for the lesser parts. But I would prefer them be in 4k for the main and 2k for the lesser.

Is there a way to increase them and if so how?

Btw, I didn't originally create the textures, I just want to increase their size so to speak.

Hi

like pixelhate already said, you can just scale it to 4k but that would be just a waste of processing power. You will not get more details as you can not create pixels you don't have.

There are some expensive software on the marked, they are actually pretty good in up scaling images and keep the same quality.

The only way is to make a new texture in 4k from scratch or ask the original mod auther who created the armor he might have a higher resolution map. As most textures are made on a higher lvl as required and then downsized for optimation.

CL

Ok thanks.

@Crazylion Do you know any of the software that you are talking about? Because the author does not seem to be responding to anything I send him, so I feel the second option is out of the question.

Also, I felt like your name was familiar so I checked your mods and I saw your Harkon Sword remodel and I love it. So I tracked it so I can download it tomorrow. Thanks for that lol

Hi
@ForcefulMocha your welcome

here is a link Link resize, sure you can find more if you google it. I was just reading some articles about awhile ago as Nvidia published that they actually created an AI who could reconstruct an picture pixel to increase resolution. But that is a long way to be sold to average people

CL