info about creating radial spells

ghowriter

For two years I have been struggling with creating radial spells using every resource I could find by searching with Bing and Google. I was never able to get it working (until last night). My radial spells would always give the correct number of spells but they were always the same exact spell. I found a tutorial on the Vault detailing how they edit the feat ID in spells.2da to make radial spells work. I followed their math perfectly and, nope. Same exact spells in each radial. Using their math as a starter, I took the druid's wildshape spells and found a pattern. I should say found the pattern. Taking the wildshape_bear FeatID and dividing by 65536 I had an exact integer 1008. I subtracted the wildshape_bear spell ID (401) and had 607 left. I used the same math on the other wildshape_ forms and every one had 607 left. So I took my spells ID numbers and added 607 and multiplied by 65536 and entered the result in their FEAT ID column and, like magic, the radials worked.

This may not be news to some, but it is a MAJOR breakthrough for me. So the formula to add radial spells (for my game) is: (SPELLID + 607)*65536

Every tutorial out there had me adding the Spell ID of my radial to the Feat ID and then multiplying. Ugh...

Well, my Janni race now has his properly working Change Size ability usable twice per day. (He can choose to enlarge or reduce a creature's size. The radial allows the player to choose which is to be done.)

YAY!!

Hope this info helps someone else!

Edited by ghowriter

• 1 month later...

This may not be news to some, but it is a MAJOR breakthrough for me. So the formula to add radial spells (for my game) is: (SPELLID + 607)*65536

Actually, the formula is SPELL_ID * 65536 + FEAT_ID.

But this was true for NWN, not sure it really applies for NWN2 (if you don't have more than 5 spells coming from the feat, don't forget to fill the columns SubRadSpell1 to SubRadSpell5 in Spells.2da).

That works for me (but again, I calculated the spell id numbers, just in case, but didn't check if the formula is really necessary or not).