RaceMenu Error(s): you are running SKSE version 0.0.0.0

HugeDragonBALLZ

i downloaded the latest version Current SE build 2.0.8 (runtime 1.5.50): 7z archive and also downloaded SKYUI and then when i start a new game I get an error message saying. racemenu error(s): you are running skse version 0.0.0.0 expected 2.0.7.56 or greater. SKSE script version mismatch detected (57) expected (0). please reinstall your skse scripts to match your version. Does anyone know how to fix this or anyone else having the same issue? I am kinda new here so any help would be much appreciated.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've followed every single step. i extracted the file using 7zip. Copied the files into the Skyrim folder. I even watched every video i could find on how to install it. I have the most recent version. It seems to be working fine.. it's just SkYUI that's not functioning properly from what i read about. IDK what the deal is i get the same error message every time. I even loaded it up in LOOT and it says SKSE64 is working but SKYUI is not checked or running. I also have a message at the bottom when i start the game that says NiOverride plugin not detected. Which i tried looking for but nothing can be found about it.

People are quick to attribute all their problems to SkyUI. They invariably turn out to be a bad installation of SKSE or the result of using the in-game mad facility (which disables it).

SKyUI 5.2 works fine for me with SKSE 2.0.8. Don't be put off by the 'alpha' - it was posted as alpha because at the time SKSE64 as in alpha. It's beta now.

You are getting an error message abour NiOverride. Focus on that. SkyUI doesn't use NiOverride. It doesn't know anything about it. It doesn't even know it exists. It can't complain about NiOverride being missing because it doesn't have any such error message. SkyUI is not the cause of your problem.

Two mods that did use NiOverride are old versions of XPMSSE and old versions of RaceMenu. Current versions don't use it but there are outdated install guides around that still tell you you need it. They are obsolete. Oldrim High-Heel mods used it but you haven't said you are using those so that may not be relevant.

You have a stale version of something lurking somewhere in your installation.

• 1 year later...