RaceMenu Error(s): you are running SKSE version 0.0.0.0

HugeDragonBALLZ

Sorry to Necro this issue - If you Start Skyrim SE from Vortex, you get this error, even if you have everything installed properly.

Start from the SKSE Skyrim start icon on your desktop that you make to start from SKSE... you will not get these errors.

I am having an issue where I open race menu and it shows the old one but with $ categories. I am opening through the SKSE launcher and everything is up to date. Am I missing files or something?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what version are you using?

For instance, I have racemenu 0.4.12 installed and everything is working fine. (using Skyrim SE 1.5.97)

I did read a complaint from someone using 0.4.14 (current version) earlier but I'm not exactly sure whether their problem was really 0.4.14 or something else.

Alright, it still doesnt work. Here; This is the error message I get. RaceMenu Error(s): You are running SKSE Version 0.0.0.0 expected 2.0.7.56 or greater. SKSE script version mismatch detected (65) expected (0). Please reinstall your SKSE scripts to match your version. NiOverride plugin not detected, various features may be unavailable. Error Codes: (0)(1)(3).

Do a google/bing/whatever search on "You are running SKSE Version 0.0.0.0 expected 2.0.7.56 or greater."

Or even do a search on the S forums here. (if you can)
this is a problem many were experiencing a few months back. I never experienced it personally, so I can't help you with that. But I do recall a flurry of posts that cited that issue.

Sorry I can't track down all the links for you. I will say again, I have seen many posts on that issue, both here and elsewhere. But I've never paid anything more than a glancing interest, since my game doesn't suffer from that issue and never has.

In fact, regarding your claim you can't find anything, I just grabbed the quoted text I suggested that you search on, and I was confronted with at least five pages of hits from a quick bing search.

• 3 weeks later...

In last two days ,i get the same problem, now i found the cause.

I installed mods as web caurse says , but in the caurse some links of mods point to 'https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/' column for LE version, but my game version is SE, so these mods for LE version cannot work. Expecially, if mod 'Racemenu' is enabled, the game cannot run.

I reinstalled these mods from 'https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/' column, now, all mods work fine.

• 2 months later...

i downloaded the latest version Current SE build 2.0.8 (runtime 1.5.50): 7z archive and also downloaded SKYUI and then when i start a new game I get an error message saying. racemenu error(s): you are running skse version 0.0.0.0 expected 2.0.7.56 or greater. SKSE script version mismatch detected (57) expected (0). please reinstall your skse scripts to match your version. Does anyone know how to fix this or anyone else having the same issue? I am kinda new here so any help would be much appreciated.