Voice Actor Auditions For a Mod: Father Companion

ToroMontana

Alright so, I'm working on a quest mod now, it's pretty close to release, but I wanted to give it a shot in having it fully voice acted. As it stands, the mod uses a combination of text-to-speech (legal for redistribution, pretty high quality), silent dialog with lip-synching and voice acted lines using recycled vanilla lines that fit. This is as good as it gets without voice actors directly involved.
More information about the mod can be found here (spoilers warning):
Here are all the roles I need to fill:
- Commonwealth Courier (Boston Male) - currently voice acted with text-to-speech, 1 line, basically if you can sound like "some guy from Boston", that's good enough for me.
- Dr. Dean Volkert (Institute Medic) - currently voice acted with text-to-speech, around 70 lines
- Female Sole Survivor (player) - the following 3 use either silent or recycled lines
- Male Sole Survivor
- Father (very important as he is central to the mod, as unlikely as it is given his unique sounding voice, I can't accept half-measures for this, you need to sound like Father or I'd rather just not use any voice acting at all and just stick with recycled lines + silent lines)
Send your best impressions of these characters to: [email protected]
I will soon let you know if it's suitable for the mod and then you'll get the full script to voice act.
Terms and conditions:
I want to make it clear though: This is a volunteer based project, you won't get paid. All I can do it give you credit which means acknowledging you (by whatever name or nickname you choose) as part of the team that created the mod, with all the uhm glory that comes with it if any.
Copyright conditions: You agree to forfeit any copyright claims to the audio submitted. I can't have people saying they want in and 3 months later pulling out or filing random DMCAs out of nowhere. Understand that once the mod is published, there is no turning back and any abuses of the DMCA will be met with a response and the mod will stay up. If for whatever reason you're not comfortable with your voice being up on the Internet forever, don't join.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello! I am an aspiring voice actor and I would love to participate in your project! If we can exchange contact info for more details I would appreciate it. I am aware this post was in 2018, but if you still need a voice actor, I would be glad to be one for you. If not, perhaps I can help in another mod or perhaps you know someone else who needs one.

• 2 weeks later...