Favorite Playstation and Playstation 2 games

WakahisaSensei

I never really owned a system that could play either group until way after both had become obsolete. But I remember being envious of some of my friends who had Playstation exclusives, particularly early Spyro games (which funny enough I'm no longer that fond of).

I just wanted to know, what are some of your favorite games from the PS1 and PS2 eras? Preferably with a focus on games exclusive to the platform. I hear a lot about Nintendo and xbox but rarely hear about Playstation nostalgia.

Edited by WakahisaSensei

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I never really owned my own playstation console, but I had friend and family who did. My favorite playstation 1 game was Final Fantasy IX hands down, and to this day is my favorite FF game, I even own it on PS3 and PS4 now......as for PS2 I didn't really play much PS2, really the only games I played on PS2 was KH 1-2, so I'd have to say those. Funny cause I now own those on PS4 as well! lolz I was excited for Chrono Cross after having played Chrono Trigger and loving it, but Chrono Cross was a let down!

Well, I never really owned my own playstation console, but I had friend and family who did. My favorite playstation 1 game was Final Fantasy IX hands down, and to this day is my favorite FF game, I even own it on PS3 and PS4 now......as for PS2 I didn't really play much PS2, really the only games I played on PS2 was KH 1-2, so I'd have to say those. Funny cause I now own those on PS4 as well! lolz I was excited for Chrono Cross after having played Chrono Trigger and loving it, but Chrono Cross was a let down!

I remember Chrono Cross. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't as good as its predecessor but the story and concepts were pretty unique. Combat was frustrating at times and sometimes events didn't trigger unless you talked to the exact right person, which was really annoying. It should have also had a smaller set of playable characters. Aside from about 3 of the main characters the rest ended being pretty bland or just getting shelved for the whole game while I got comfortable with a specific set. I'll have to look into those other games. My PlayStation experiences are very limited and I'm only just getting into it (with the exception of PS3. I know that one pretty well.)

I remember Chrono Cross. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't as good as its predecessor but the story and concepts were pretty unique. Combat was frustrating at times and sometimes events didn't trigger unless you talked to the exact right person, which was really annoying. It should have also had a smaller set of playable characters. Aside from about 3 of the main characters the rest ended being pretty bland or just getting shelved for the whole game while I got comfortable with a specific set. I'll have to look into those other games. My PlayStation experiences are very limited and I'm only just getting into it (with the exception of PS3. I know that one pretty well.)

I couldn't get into it, but maybe ten minutes. The combat was slow and horrible. I hated the way you had to pick your hit percentage and do it like five times in a row. If they would have kept the combat the same as Chrono Trigger, then I think I would have really loved the game. As for the combat being slow, it just seemed like the characters movements during combat were very slow, slow to move to an enemy and then slow to swing a weapon, it frustrated me at just how slow it was.

Edited by stelevein

I couldn't get into it, but maybe ten minutes. The combat was slow and horrible. I hated the way you had to pick your hit percentage and do it like five times in a row. If they would have kept the combat the same as Chrono Trigger, then I think I would have really loved the game. As for the combat being slow, it just seemed like the characters movements during combat were very slow, slow to move to an enemy and then slow to swing a weapon, it frustrated me at just how slow it was.

The hit percentage added a type of strategy. Later on in the game (much later) it actually becomes pretty invaluable once you get to know the system. But certain status effects in the game ruined what could have been a pretty decent system, literally throwing it out the window.

And the characters move super slow, and the game knows it. During new game+ you get an object that lets you speed up or slow down the game by holding certain buttons down. They should have just made the game faster in my opinion.

The hit percentage added a type of strategy. Later on in the game (much later) it actually becomes pretty invaluable once you get to know the system. But certain status effects in the game ruined what could have been a pretty decent system, literally throwing it out the window.

And the characters move super slow, and the game knows it. During new game+ you get an object that lets you speed up or slow down the game by holding certain buttons down. They should have just made the game faster in my opinion.

That's the problem, why did they not just make the game faster? Instead of forcing you to deal with super slow actions until you beat it. Plus let's be honest, it's one of those games that once you beat you are most likely to not touch it again so it was/is pointless for the item at that point. Aside from that, with how bland the game is, it just seems like they rushed it.

Yeah. It could have been a lot better than it was. There wasn't much reward to be had playing through it a second time in my opinion. Oh well. I do feel like playing chrono trigger now though.

I own Chrono trigger on Android and steam lolz

I have beaten Chrono Trigger on many systems. At this point its kind of a life goal to beat the game on every conceivable device that could play it.