ENB transparent objects issue

VelocityPolaris

Hullo, I'm a total noob to the mod-installing scene, about as tech-savvy as my grandma, but I apologise in advance for talking like a character who just failed several science checks. Still, both attempts at help and overused meme copypasta are appreciated.

Basically, every time I try to install an ENB (Rudy or ENB of the apocalypse are the two I tried), I get that weird glitch where you can see bodies of water, barrels, foliage through rocks, and it's pretty hecking jarring. All other mods work just fine, so I've been going without the ENB all the way up to Freeside, but sometimes you get sick of the frakking grand canyon looking kind of ugly, you know?

Having watched some tutorial videos, I am aware that before playing, one should pull up the pre-launch New Vegas menu and disable anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, and water displacement. Steam overlay is also off - still getting that problem.

By the way, I have a Windows 10-running PC named "The Beefeater", have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card, and am running the necessary bugfix and ENB-required mods off of mod manager, though the ENB files are obviously put manually into the New Vegas data, as per instructions.

I vaguely suspect "graphics card settings" might be involved somehow here, but I can't figure out how to access or change that stuff. Also, every time the computer powers up and I load New Vegas, an icon for "press alt-z to enable g-force overlay or something like that" shows up, freezing the game loading at the big "Bethesda softworks" screen. Exiting out and loading it again enables playing the game - I don't have a problem with that, but just noting it in case it's a clue for the ENB issue.

Anyways, that's all I can think of, hopefully this isn't too vague for a kind soul to help out someone who doesn't quite know how computers work. Let me know if I should gather any code files or whatever to get help, I'm good at fetchquests. Thanks in advance!

No luck, unfortunately. I've tried everything on that list, and I'm still seeing bodies of water, foliage, and, most horrifyingly, parts of people's faces all clipping through everything. (using enb of the apocalypse btw)

Now, I do have one lead, though I don't have the technical expertise to chase it down. Attempting to find GPU settings, I pulled up a "GeForce Experience" app, went to fallout new vegas, and saw the settings. Now, the settings I needed to change were listed, but I can't actually click and uncheck them - I have to drag a slider between "performance" and "HD". This disables some of the things, like anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, but with the slider at any setting, "water displacement" seems to remain on.

I can't think this is the cause of 100% of transparency problems, since water displacement wouldn't explain transparent bushes and faces, but it's the only lead I've got.

The "nVidia Settings" Control Panel app lets you set the individual settings that the "Experience" app preconfigures. But some that you need are set in the game Launcher "Hardware" page, and some in the game INI files, and some in the ENBLocal.INI file.

"Water Displacement" is in the game INI settings as I recall. And yes, you are talking about a number of different issues rather than just one. You might want to try a different ENB preset and the other entries in that section of the article.

Can't help with more than that article presents. I dropped "post-processors" completely as more trouble than they are worth to me.

-Dubious-