Create a CK Potion Tutorial?

09jlardinois

Hey,

I decided to post here after hours of frustrated Googling and creationkit.com scrounging and Reddit and forum Nexus searching.

Google search results are insanely terrible these days, which makes it difficult for programmers and modders and anyone looking for tutorials on anything. Google tries so hard to predict the "hidden meaning" in whatever you're searching based on past searches, but that philosophy is fundamentally broken when there ISN'T any hidden meaning in what I'm searching, when I search things bluntly, precisely, and deliberately.

If I search "wedding cakes" yesterday and "Skyrim food mods" today, Google is so dumb, it will show me 1,000 results for "wedding cake mods for Skyrim".

I'm going absolutely nuts out of my skin and mind and body and black, black soul with this ridiculous Google trying to be too smart bullcrap.

Sorry, rant over.

----------

The reason I came here is for something super simple that "tries too hard" Google can no longer provide:

Does anyone know of a website with tutorials on how to make potions using Creation Kit?

creationkit.com doesn't seem to have any. Couldn't find any on YouTube either.

I imagine the process is not just,

"duplicate existing potion, change values, save and play" right? There's obviously much more to it than that, I'm assuming.

Which is why I was looking for a tutorial.

----------

I want to make a simple potion from two or more ingredients (sleeping tree sap, fire salts, and others) in a cooking spit that has a splash effect and has the magical effect of damaging affected enemies as long as they are in sunlight or near fire sources.

Basically, kind of like what parsnip and hogweed sap do to you in real life.

Believe it or not, that's pretty much all you have to do.. You see the potion tab has a section concerning its effects. If you are to change those to the effects and values you prefer, and then create a new form, you'll have a custom potion. The effects of the potions are listed under MagicEffects or something if I remember correctly.

But to properly answer your question, I don't know of any tutorials, give it a go yourself to learn on a new mod, and just delete it when your done.