Where to find a missing file listed in warnings.txt

Valascon

I'm in the midst of installing TR 1807 and troubleshooting the warnings. The module TR_Travels generates multiple warnings about a missing file.

TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\tr\b\TR_pb_IMP_head03.nif" tex not found "textures\mkbh\imperial \male\mkbh_manhead_imp02.dds"!

1. is the missing file "TR_pb_IMP_head03.nif" or is it "textures\mkbh\imperial \male\mkbh_manhead_imp02.dds" It's not clear to me.

2. How do I go about locating and downloading the file that is missing? Someone reporting the same type of problem was recommended to download the original mod again and reinstall. If the mod were small, maybe, but for such a large mod it seems like there should be a simpler alternative. FWIW, I don't see any messages from my O/S or from 7zip indicating that the file is corrupt, and it looks like the rest of the mod installed.

Different question, MW generates Warnings.txt each time the game is started and running. At present, I'm focusing on spotting which mods cause warnings immediately. How far into starting the game do I need to go to get useful warnings. I know I can exit the game at any stage, I'm interested in how far to take a new game to have enough info about warnings in order to spot problems. Right now, I just want to find immediate problems. Is it sufficient just to play the game till the point when you meet Juib and start character creation?

Thanks,

John

1. it's not hard, TEX(ture) not found. .nif is model containing texture path

2. are you sure texture path in .nif is correct (e.g. with proper spaces?). You can use NIFskope to edit .nif files.
Textures(and most resources generally) can be free files or packed inside .bsa files, a lot of TR resources are inside .bsa
Faster thing to check for a resource in .bsa is to open the .bsa file with some hex/text editor and look for e.g. the texture name (resource file paths are stored lowercase in .bsa)
If resource is in .bsa and you want to pack/repack it, there are a couple tools available to pack/unpack tes3 .bsa files

3. some warnings could be dynamic/happen after a while, but most of those caused by loaded mods should be visible at the start. Start a game with only Bethesda masters enabled first to get familiar to/store somewhere "standard" warnings due to Beth updates as you will probably want to bypass them every time while debugging other mods.

2. are you sure texture path in .nif is correct (e.g. with proper spaces?). You can use NIFskope to edit .nif files.

Textures(and most resources generally) can be free files or packed inside .bsa files, a lot of TR resources are inside .bsa

Faster thing to check for a resource in .bsa is to open the .bsa file with some hex/text editor and look for e.g. the texture name (resource file paths are stored lowercase in .bsa)

If resource is in .bsa and you want to pack/repack it, there are a couple tools available to pack/unpack tes3 .bsa files

I always use the BSA Browser (requires Java to be installed) whenever I need to extract a missing mod file.

• 4 weeks later...
textures\mkbh\imperial \male\mkbh_manhead_imp02.dds

Imperials Redone and Races Redone

"Actually the "TR_pb_IMP_head03.nif" errors imply something about Tamriel Rebuilt. Either the BSA isn't registered properly (check morrowind.ini [Archives] section) or you've a old addon for TR which is pointing to head resources no longer present in the BSA. If the BSA is registered OK you could try a grep tool (I use Textcrawler, free as in beer) and search for that string in your *.ES? files.] "

textures\mkbh\imperial \male\mkbh_manhead_imp02.dds
Imperials Redone and Races Redone
"Actually the "TR_pb_IMP_head03.nif" errors imply something about Tamriel Rebuilt. Either the BSA isn't registered properly (check morrowind.ini [Archives] section) or you've a old addon for TR which is pointing to head resources no longer present in the BSA. If the BSA is registered OK you could try a grep tool (I use Textcrawler, free as in beer) and search for that string in your *.ES? files.] "

Late response on my part, sorry. I'd have to say that it's probably the last thing you mentioned. Thanks.