What category NPC overhauls?

folgore62

I just installed "Babes of Skyrim." Vortex simply put it in "default" category. Is there any special category for NPC overhauls? Or do I want to make it an "early loader?" Or a "late loader"?

Just trust Vortex ... the majority of the plugins are being put in the default category unless otherwise specify in the LOOT master list that is already integrated into Vortex. I have not had any problem to leave all my plugins ( auto-sorted by Vortex by the way ) in the default group and regardless of what I think or used to do back with NMM and my two games ( Skyrim and Fallout 4 ) are running like a charm.

The only thing I do recommend you to do, is to place all of your patches in the Dynamic Patching Group, then hit the sort icon again and your patches will be placed at the bottom and then play.

However, if you want to move "Babes of Skyrim" to a different section ( other than 'default' ), then do it. Choose the group ( Manage Groups ) where you want this plugin to be, double click on the plugin and Vortex will open a right pane; from there, drop down on the arrow for groups, highlight the one where you want that plugin to be and close on the bottom by hitting the > arrow. Sort Vortex plugins again and your plugin will be placed in that group.

Now a warning : remember that unless you exactly know what are you doing, Vortex will make a better decision that yourself. By moving a plugin to a different place other than the one chose by Vortex, you may ( probably ) have problems with records this plugin has to interact with others. This is debatable and again, I am not sure about it at all so do not read my lips, but if I was you, I would leave the plugin exactly where Vortex left it.

The only reason you want to move patches to the Dynamic Patching Group ( last one in the group tree - graphic - ) is because patches must be at the bottom of any load order ( except for the Unofficial one ) but you are free to move any plugin ( if you believe it must be at the bottom as well ) to that group and it will remain there till you decide otherwise.

So far, I have not moved any plugin to the dynamic patch just because the mod author is saying that is must be loaded at the bottom. I am not paying attention to what they say to be honest and I am trusting Vortex in its sorting decision. So far, so good !! I have been told by Tannin to leave all plugins where they are and if for any reason I have problems while gaming, then at that point, try to move some plugins to a different groups/areas and re-try. So far, I have not had the need to do that at all since my games are running like a charm.

Also, if you use the auto-sort in Vortex, do not use LOOT at the same time. Use either one and stick to only one. I do prefer the auto-sort in Vortex since LOOT has been integrated into anyway. I am not using LOOT anymore, only Xedit to clean my games master files, do some merging and do my custom mods. Hope this help.

Cheers :cool: