2 FNV's

wfandrews

With the update 4gb patch I really do not Know. I seem to remember with the old patch that it would load with nvse so you could launch with nvse. With the update you are told to launch with Steam. If you launch with Steam there is that console command to check and see if your nvse is loaded. However if you launch with nvse there is no way, as far as I know, to tell if the 4gb has loaded.

But, as the 4gb patch is now integrated into FalloutNV.exe it stands to reason that the patch must be loaded however you launch the game.

Once you run the "FNV 4GB Patcher", it will automatically launch NVSE (if that is installed properly) when the game is launched. It does not have to be launched from Steam. I run mine in "offline mode" from a shortcut all the time.

If you are running the GOG version of the game, you cannot use the "FNV 4GB Patcher", as it will corrupt the executable. In that instance, you need to use the "nvse_loader.exe" to start the game instead.

Please see the 'Checklist Item #4' entry of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article pertaining to NVSE.

-Dubious-

I also play the vast majority of the time in offline mode for all my Steam games. I Place a shortcut of the script extender on my desktop and launch from that. That is why I was wondering about the patch getting loaded if I was to launch the game with nvse.

In your opinion would I be better off launching from a shortcut to the 4gb patch or nvse; or do you think that it would make no difference?

I use a shortcut to the 4GB Patched game "FalloutNV.EXE", but have a shortcut to the "NVSE_Loader.EXE" as a fallback. Not noticed any difference, but my "NVSE_Loader" is patched for 4GB as well. The linked article "2-4GB game memory limits and solutions" in my signature explains how you can check if the LAA Flag has been applied (which is the primary purpose of the 4GB Patch, with some additional code specific to working with Steam's DRM version of FNV).

Just to be clear: You shouldn't use the 4GB Patcher executable more than once. It's only intended to apply the patch to the game executables. Once it's run, you use the standard game EXEs (including GECK).

-Dubious-