CTD outside of Riverwood along road

Siruku

Apologies for the necro, but I've been working on this issue myself for a while now.

All the known causes / solutions I've discovered so far were not my problem - however, I did eventually find the mod causing it: Way of the Monk

Just wanted to post just in case anyone else needs the help.

• 8 months later...

Alright, so... if you're struggling trying to figure out what's causing it, I have a solution for you. Please read attentively.

In the comment section, you may have noticed that every ``reason`` for crashing differs from each other. So, like me, you may have thought: ``But I don't even have the mod that person does.``

Well... the mod that was causing my game to crash was ``Wind (something).`` I forgot what it was called, but it was something to do with signs of cities being affected by the wind.

So how do you find the mod that's causing it? First of all: do not save your game while trying to figure this out.

With that said, you have to be using Mod Organizer 2 for this to work, or any other software that helps organize your mod.

What I did: I selected half of all my mods (I have over 200,) and deactivated all selected.

I ran the game again, oppening my save. Guess what.. it didnt crash.

Conclusion: one of the mods I deactivated was the cause.

So, from those mods that I deactivated, let's say 100 mods, I selected half of those and activated again. I then open my save and no crashes. I have 50 more mods that are deactivated that may be the cause of this.

Next step? You guessed it. Select half of those 50 deactivated mods and activate them. Open the game... crashes. So, one of those 25 mods that I just activated is the problem, and the other half that was deactivated before are safe.

You get the idea... keep doing this until you find the one or more mods that's causing your game to crash.