CTD. Freeze. Lag. Low FPS. Skyrim Headeache

Bloom147

Hi everyone!, i know this is a common topic for newer modders, but i've been trying really hard to get a beautiful Skyrim running perfectly, but certaintly i can't. Tried so many things that i'm kinda lost right now. I was hoping someone could help me, if you cant ( because maybe i am a mess at this) thanks anyway for helping in advance. ( I apologize if my english is not correct)

SPECS:
GPU: GTX 1070 8GB
RAM: 16gb 2x8

CPU: Ryzen 2600

- SSD (Some Programs and windows) and HDD (Skyrim), if its relevant -

PROGRAMS:
Mod Organizer, Skyrim Performance Monitor, TES5EDIT, SKSE, Papyrus, Rudy ENB

I started modding years ago and i would do it manually, could a get a decent looking skyrim with 100 mods running perfectly, although i had a different pc and lower muscle power in it. This year i reinstalled Skyrim and used NMM, but after giving up to the overriding problems, i found out about Mod Organizer, so i reinstalled skyrim again, redownloaded every mod i wanted, tried out and...
Low FPS - Stuttering - Screen Tearing - CTD's
And it doesnt even look that good, probably bad textures order, because i remember my old Skyrim looked much better and i used almost every same mods.

I attached all INI and Mod list for you to see.

SOME PICTURES - https://imgur.com/a/L4KQXBq

-My biggest concern is this ramdom CTD's im having, sometimes i would just freeze and have to close it manually, cant figure out why. TES5EDIT order and loot are OK. I tried different things with Memory and VRAM, and Skyrim Monitor shows that i am using only 1gb of ram, and cant seem to expand it to 3gb (i believe i cant go further because its a 32bit app).

-Second concern is gameplay, FPS big drops, i believe i should get at least 60 fps, im using a 1366x768 monitor and have enough ram cpu and gpu to use heavy mods, even so im using mostly 2k textures.

-And last but not least i would like if you could tell me how to improve my graphics, i attached some pictures of the same starting place (because i cant play 5 minutes straight) and im seeing weird textures that i cant compare if they are just like that or mod conflicts ( Should i move Enhanced Textures UV BEFORE any 2k textures i like? )

Any comment, help, info would be great!, sorry for the long post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETdHaFz3pVQ.

This is what i would like if am able to learn more about modding
If you know a better modded skyrim let me know!, i would like to punish my gear with some awesome graphics on this amazing game.

try my guide, yes I know you are an experienced modder, but, you make no mention of using Wrye or a bashed patch from Wrye, A bashed patch from wrye will MAKE all your mods play nice together by managing scripts, leveled lists and so on.

Please take special note of these areas of my guide as I think they will benefit you the most, in this order:

SKSE memory patch

Step 2 - all

Step 3 - all

Appendix 1

let me know how it goes and if you need more help :)

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2235394-beginners-guide-to-modding/

try my guide, yes I know you are an experienced modder, but, you make no mention of using Wrye or a bashed patch from Wrye, A bashed patch from wrye will MAKE all your mods play nice together by managing scripts, leveled lists and so on.

Please take special note of these areas of my guide as I think they will benefit you the most, in this order:

SKSE memory patch

Step 2 - all

Step 3 - all

Appendix 1

let me know how it goes and if you need more help :smile:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2235394-beginners-guide-to-modding/

Thank you so much for replying, im going to a concert tonight, and when i get back i will get straight to it.. Any ENB/Textures recommendation on my mod list?

Okay, so i run Wryed Batch and find 4 orange status mods, i re orderer master files 1 at a time with TES5EDIT, BUT cant do it with NATURAL LIGHTING VIVID ATMOSPHERIC, reaserching a bit, found out that i havent installed Vivid Weathers (doh) so im gonna install it right now to see if i can reorder master files and try it out.

On the other hand SKSE memory patch its not working, Skyrim Performance monitor shows no more than 1024 GB usage, i have set its values to 768 and 256 just like you said (they were already at that values, and also tried diferent values, no luck). What else can i do? There is another way i found online, that is recreating an EXE of TEV5 and adding a line with a program that says -APP CAN HANDLE MORE THAN 2GB- but when i try it this line was already given to the original TESV.exe so i did nothing..

Again, thank you so much for the help, hope you can write me back..

EDIT: Tried out, freeze at 2 min gameplay.. have to manually shut it down.. i maybe believe is due to this RAM issue? hope so.. Im thinking of reinstalling Skyrim, and do it all over again ( is it necessary to reinstall if im using MO? )

Edited by Bloom147

I dont know how to attach Pictures hahaha :P .. My SKSE.INI ( its not txt) is in Skyrim folder location - data - SKSE - SKSE.ini... i believe its not in the wrong place.. had to create it myself, its in the same location with mod organizer right? because SKSE is an external installer, directly to Skyrims folder.. BUT i found another SKSE folders in Appdata-local-Modorganizer-Bloom(users name)-overwrite-skse im gonna try putting the INI in there..

I dont know how to attach Pictures hahaha :tongue: .. My SKSE.INI ( its not txt) is in Skyrim folder location - data - SKSE - SKSE.ini... i believe its not in the wrong place.. had to create it myself, its in the same location with mod organizer right? because SKSE is an external installer, directly to Skyrims folder.. BUT i found another SKSE folders in Appdata-local-Modorganizer-Bloom(users name)-overwrite-skse im gonna try putting the INI in there..

Yes, i paste the INI in this app data folder.. and it works, now im having 100 FPS when i was at 40, BUT i still get 20 fps drops and cant get near first city in game.. JK´s cities maybe the problem?

EDIT: Disabled JK cities and Dyndolod.. No CTD.. still getting massive fps drop from 100 to 20 fps. Whats the problem with JK cities?

Edited by Bloom147

most likely poor texture optimization

try this instead of JK's, it's the one I personally use :smile:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58275

Downloading! looks great, lets see if it works.. I still dont understand why i have that huge amount of frame drops, since ive deactivated Dyndolod, and i dont know if im having dual textures or bad config, because like ive said before, it does not look that good (i mean rocks, trees etc).. Anyway, youve been really helpfull! I really apreciate it.