CTD when main menu starts loading

TheUUolf

i just cleaned every mod and master files (except skyrim.esm and update.esm) loot told me to clean but game still crashes...

a couple more things i should point out:

when i launch wrye bash, a window pops up that says: "warnings: the following warnings were found: older plugin record version: ElderOutfit-NoBijin.esp, marriagemod - alpha v3.esp, marriagemod - hf.esp, skyrimimprovedpuddles-dg-hf-db.esp

and when i launch the game a text appears at the top left that says "enbseries is compiling game shaders, please wait, TIP: enable shader cache in video driver settings, i already tried enabling that option in nvidia's control panel but it didn't change anything.

loot also warns me about some patches i already have installed and enabled.

could the allocated ram and vram be the problem? i remember having that problem with fallout 4 and changing it fixed my game, should i try doing the same with skyrim?

Edited by TheUUolf

these mods

older plugin record version: ElderOutfit-NoBijin.esp, marriagemod - alpha v3.esp, marriagemod - hf.esp, skyrimimprovedpuddles-dg-hf-db.esp

were not converted correctly from Old Skyrim, they may or may not work correctly, it's basically trial and error when using mods from Old skyrim in SSE that were not converted correctly

as for this

TIP: enable shader cache in video driver settings, i already tried enabling that option in nvidia's control panel but it didn't change anything.

Try running the vanilla launcher and going into the options and setting the shader option there, you don't have to run the game, just set the options again, close the panel, then close the launcher and start the game like you normally would

I recommend start a new character with only these enabled:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

Get Skyrim SE vanilla running smoothly before adding any mods. If you plan to use Wrye Bash, I would use Gromulos' guide. Since I don't use Wrye myself except for error detection, I use the STEP guide at the link in my signature.

I would add mods a few at a time after you escape the Helgen cave.

Edited by Tony_OQuinn

I just tried running vanilla skyrim se with no mods enabled through the skse launcher, it still crashed, then i tried running it through the vanilla launcher and it didn't crash. I also removed every enb file so what is going on? I validated my files through steam and tried running skse again but it crashed anyways.

Uninstall SKSE manually and then

download skse, sounds like it may have been corrupted last time you downloaded it, yea yea i know, but all it takes is a damn squirrel hitting the live wire just above the phone line and then your download could be corrupt

I've had this happen with individual mods i've downloaded, re downloaded them and they worked fine lol

one other thing you could check is the SKSE memory patch, if there is just a simple period or comma in there somewhere, that could cause it to crash also

Edited by gromulos