Question about retextures

iamspartan

While trying to delete that malicious cape on the male Legiana B chest, I've noticed not all armor textures can be edited to have invisible parts.

On some armors, simply erasing regions of the texture in gimp will turn associated parts invisible ingame. However, this doesn't seem to be the case with all of them. Some of them will have a black texture ingame instead of turning invisible. Examples of this would be the aforementioned Legiana armor, and the Zorah armor.

Here are some pictures demonstrating what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/yzIuFZO

As you can see, the ingot armor erases just fine. However, the legiana defaults to a black texture. I've talked to ZephyAlurus about it, and they suggested there is another layer in play. However, I've edited all the .tex files in a given armor's folder (except NM, can't find a way to convert that yet) and none of them (together or individually) turns the erased parts invisible (on the plus side, I figured out how to make the metallic parts extra shimmery).

Does anyone have an idea what's causing this? I haven't even played the game since i got stuck on this problem, and it's driving me mad hahaha.