New at Modding Skyrim SE - Game Doesn't Launch

VerdantGuardian

Hey everyone!

I am encountering difficulties when trying to mod Skyrim Special Edition for the first time. I'll give as many details as possible, and I'd appreciate input from you all!

Firstly, I have Nexus Mod Manager 0.65.2 for Windows 10 64-bit. I have a Steam copy of Skyrim Special Edition, which includes all of the DLC.

With the mods listed below, I feel like one or more might be conflicting with each other, as when I boot Skyrim SE from Mod Manager, it tends to open the Skyrim Launcher, and when hitting play, nothing else comes up.

Secondly, I also do have LOOT installed, and as you can see below, everything checks out.

Thirdly, I do have Skyrim Script Extender installed for Skyrim Special Edition and have ran the skse64_loader.exe file from the Skyrim Special Edition folder. That too, doesn't open the game, and also doesn't load the Launcher.

I recommend disable all mods below USSEP, and use a guide to get Skyrim SE running smoothly before you start adding mods. See my signature for my preferred guide, STEP, which is for Olrim but I easily adopt it to SSE.

Just a wild guess, but try running SkyrimSELauncher.exe once as administrator. Let it initialize your configuration.

Also I would switch to Mod Organizer 2 or Vortex instead of NMM, since you're going to be using lot of mods. I prefer MO.

I recommend disable all mods below USSEP, and use a guide to get Skyrim SE running smoothly before you start adding mods. See my signature for my preferred guide, STEP, which is for Olrim but I easily adopt it to SSE.

Just a wild guess, but try running SkyrimSELauncher.exe once as administrator. Let it initialize your configuration.

Also I would switch to Mod Organizer 2 or Vortex instead of NMM, since you're going to be using lot of mods. I prefer MO.

Thank you so much! I followed what you said by disabling all mods below USSEP, and the game ran just fine!

It must have been a mod conflict, so after that, I individually checked the mod below USSEP, ran the game, and continued down the list until it didn't run.

Every mod worked fine going down the list with the exception of one. Turns out, I realize I downloaded the vanilla RaceMenu mod and its patch for Skyrim, not Skyrim Special Edition. That was a major brain fart on my part!

So again, thank you so much for your recommendations. I'll see about getting Mod Organizer 2 as well. Take care!