'Could'nt find SKSE64 DLL'

punsforlife

Be aware that the PC version of Skyrim Special Edition had an update from 1.5.50 to 1.5.50.0.8 . Not sure what the update contained but it wasn't any new content, maybe bugfixes(?) . I only got the update due to a steam client update. The game can still be launched through steam, but mod's that require the latest version of SKSE 64 will not work until SKSE 64 is updated so mods that require it can also be updated.

I run SSE through a link to SKSE 64 exe. When I run it the first time and load a game, I get a message about SkyUI error nr 1 (SKSE not loaded or updated version of Skyrim SE incompatible with SKSE). I quit the game, run Skyrim again and everything seems to be O.K. I was wondering why the game behaves in such a way and perhaps the difference between 1.5.50 and 1.5.50.0.8 may be the answer...

Be aware that the PC version of Skyrim Special Edition had an update from 1.5.50 to 1.5.50.0.8 . Not sure what the update contained but it wasn't any new content, maybe bugfixes(?) . I only got the update due to a steam client update. The game can still be launched through steam, but mod's that require the latest version of SKSE 64 will not work until SKSE 64 is updated so mods that require it can also be updated.

No, SKSE64 2.0.8 works fine with 1.5.50.0.8

I run SSE through a link to SKSE 64 exe. When I run it the first time and load a game, I get a message about SkyUI error nr 1 (SKSE not loaded or updated version of Skyrim SE incompatible with SKSE). I quit the game, run Skyrim again and everything seems to be O.K. I was wondering why the game behaves in such a way and perhaps the difference between 1.5.50 and 1.5.50.0.8 may be the answer...

That's happening b/c steam isn't open when you start the game. You'll notice steam does that short update when you first start up but when you exit game & start again does not.

That's happening b/c steam isn't open when you start the game. You'll notice steam does that short update when you first start up but when you exit game & start again does not.

So I should run Steam and then SKSE - thanks a lot.

You could, or just back out before game fully opens & then start again.

So I'm guessing punsforlife got SKSE64 fixed.