Editor/mod to change class of companion

Sjerrie

Since Google could not help me I'm throwing it out here.

I am looking to change the class (and maybe corresponding skills and specializations) of some potential party members. There are obvious difficulties changing the Inquisitor's class, since some dialogue and plot relies on it and could cause weirdness, but if I'm correct the party members are purely referenced in game code by character.

Example 1: change Cole to a mage. His namesake was a mage and his very nature makes him flexible.
Example 2: change Bull to rogue. YES he is awesome with a 2-hander, but I'd like to see him dual wield like the spy he also is.

I could see a potential problem with example 2; maybe Iron Bull being a special model he has no animation for dual wielder or archery skills.

Could this at all be possible?

• 1 month later...

*shameless bump*

The main reason I'm actually looking for this is example 1: I need to make Cole a mage.

I want a playthrough witth my warrior Inquisitor romancing a specific mage, and this Inquisitor's outlook on humans is not super positive, especially human mages. Hence I would rather not play with Vivienne or Dorian much, and I might not even recruit them at all. That would however mean I would be lacking a mage in Trespasser, since our lover went AWOL.

I have already tried sifting through the assets, but I really have no idea where to look...