[LE] Multi-stage battle - possible?

nayakri

So, for the past few days I was simply learning how CK works and I have been thinking about battles. In vanilla Skyrim, battles usually can be described as: grab your weapon and smash that guy! So, yeah, quite boring and predictable.

I was thinking about a challenge, something demanding more tactic from you. And I got that idea:

Multi-stage battle - is it possible?

My idea in detailes:

You fight a guy who is told to be powerful. At first, nothing interesting happens, you get his Hp really low and then...

Let's say: he turns into a werewolf, his Hp regenarates and he fights with werewolf template combat. So okay, you take him down again and then...

He teleports to someplace you can see him but not attack him (some cool effects in background) and he... let's say, conjures four annoying spirit wolfs to bite you in the... you know what.

So you take down the wolfs, he appears in the battleground again (for the sake of your annoyance, with his health regenerated) and you fight with him.

Etc, etc, etc.

So, is something like this possible? I mean, what would it mean for a modder to do something like this?

Since I'm now creating a "training" mod to learn CK systems, I'd like to try to create something like this for learning purposes, but I'd also like not to smash my keyboard after facing things I have no idea about.

If it's possible, would someone be kind enough to explain me step by step how I should get to it? Or at least, what kind of things in CK would be needed to get it done?

Thanks!

Hm... I guess I'd have to make the foe invincible for a while, so the player wouldn't kill him while changing/making some spell/etc. But how would I do this without making him invincible forever?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

You can set them as essential, which is a bit crude but guarantees they won't die, and is the simplest way to guarantee they stick around through each stage of the battle/quest (because some people will rock on up with turbopowered gear and oneshot things on you). Some sort of perk-based manipulation of incoming damage might also be possible.

Edited by foamyesque