Ok I'm new and need a step by step on how to add a new pic to my new class

Some Help

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:22 AM

Old hand

• photo-4713376.jpg?_r=1416243208
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 620 posts

You can make your own but from some testing I made long ago I believe the one that shows up in the character stats menu will only work if you replace the images of an existing class.

The class records in the CS use one path to define the main picture that shows up in the class selection menu. For example:

/Textures/menus/Level_up/class_creation/class_creation_sorcerer.dds

The path for the small version of that picture that shows up in the stats menu is then taken from the name of the file. Following the previous example:

/Textures/menus/Stats/small_class/small_sorcerer.dds

Based on that assumption I tried to make custom class pictures using the same prefixes, placing the files in the right folders, and defining the path to the custom file in the class record. As a result, the main picture from the character selection menu showed up just fine, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get the small version to show up in the stats menu, until I decided to simply replace the pictures of an existing class. That's where I got my conclusion from. Since I couldn't seem to be able to define a custom path for the small picture anywhere and replacing worked, the game simply seems to be hard-coded to use the same set of pictures always for the stats menu.

So... if you want you can make custom pictures but if you want functional custom small pictures in the stats menu you will need to replace the ones from currently existing classes.

That said, I recommend you Gimp and its DDS plugin to deal with the format conversion.