Help with view from interior cell window

KiokothePirate

I unfortunately wouldn't know how to do that.

I did have a wild thought, and I don't know if it would look good or terrible, but it's a pretty easy test, if you're familiar with retexturing. You could try to place screenshots of the outside onto a large, flat surface, and place the screenshot onto that surface, then place it in the interior cell, near the door, so it could be viewed from the transparency.

I unfortunately wouldn't know how to do that.

I did have a wild thought, and I don't know if it would look good or terrible, but it's a pretty easy test, if you're familiar with retexturing. You could try to place screenshots of the outside onto a large, flat surface, and place the screenshot onto that surface, then place it in the interior cell, near the door, so it could be viewed from the transparency.

Eh, if I can't get the window to actually look out onto a landscape, I'd rather have the window filled in with "glass" similar to the vanilla windows. Then just have the window get lighter and darker to match with the time of day. Just like the vanilla windows. Of course I'd then need to edit the exterior of the building to match.

Know anyone skilled in making/editing meshes? haha

I'm a rank amateur at it, but I have had some success. It seems to boil down to which windows you choose to incorporate. If you look on my mod page, there's a microhome in a tower, just outside Whiterun, which I added windows to in nifskope. I want to say I used the Imperial Tower windows. You may need to resize them a little bit, though. There are some windows you can detach from walls, in nifskope, and apply to other meshes, but it all depends on who made them and how they were made. Some of them come apart cleanly, and some of them will require you to have 3d modeling software. Unfortunately, that's way above my head.

i made 1's in fo4 a interior with transparant windows, builded a box outside with those oclusion planes, they block the view, place stuf between the outside of interior and planes box, turn on sky in cell, and when looking true the windows i saw buildings and sky, without the planes you get those purple glow when looking true the window

it prolly works the same for skyrim

you prolly can put npc outside to, when you give them a patrol line

found a old pic, was in test mode

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13u_N3IPr9f2FzzMaR0grgQj_CuixlBnc/view?usp=sharing

Edited by speedynl

i made 1's in fo4 a interior with transparant windows, builded a box outside with those oclusion planes, they block the view, place stuf between the outside of interior and planes box, turn on sky in cell, and when looking true the windows i saw buildings and sky, without the planes you get those purple glow when looking true the window

it prolly works the same for skyrim

you prolly can put npc outside to, when you give them a patrol line

found a old pic, was in test mode

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13u_N3IPr9f2FzzMaR0grgQj_CuixlBnc/view?usp=sharing

So how do the oclusion planes block the view?

make a interior with trans windows, go to the cell look true the window, go back ck place a plane infront of the window, look again

they are some kind of 2 way mirrors, if you stand infront of them you see nothing, walk true it and you see again, turn around and you see nothing

beth use them very oftend in fo4, to reduce load, i can remember the kartspire camp have them in some rock formations to

• 3 weeks later...

make a interior with trans windows, go to the cell look true the window, go back ck place a plane infront of the window, look again

they are some kind of 2 way mirrors, if you stand infront of them you see nothing, walk true it and you see again, turn around and you see nothing

beth use them very oftend in fo4, to reduce load, i can remember the kartspire camp have them in some rock formations to

So if I put an occlusion plane in front of the window and look through it in game, I'm still going to see a grey expanse, correct?

If a screenshot (2D) isn't an option, then you're stuck with recreating the exterior in your interior cell (3D). It doesn't have to be detailed - especially if you make your window glass slightly foggy or frosted. The third option, like you said, is to make the windows like vanilla ones.

Keep in mind that you could also combine the 2D and 3D options - a solid ground mesh with a screenshot of the exterior version, laid over with actual trees for the 3D effect. I've done that before once, but ended up just dropping the idea in favor of vanilla windows - it was an awful lot of work for a view out of a single window.

If a screenshot (2D) isn't an option, then you're stuck with recreating the exterior in your interior cell (3D). It doesn't have to be detailed - especially if you make your window glass slightly foggy or frosted. The third option, like you said, is to make the windows like vanilla ones.

Keep in mind that you could also combine the 2D and 3D options - a solid ground mesh with a screenshot of the exterior version, laid over with actual trees for the 3D effect. I've done that before once, but ended up just dropping the idea in favor of vanilla windows - it was an awful lot of work for a view out of a single window.

I am leaning toward the vanilla window option. Do you know if nifskope would be enough to add glass to the window? I'm thinking about using it to see if I can cut out the circular spot on the building where the window would be and replace it with the circular window they use on Dragons Reach. That would hopefully take care of the exterior view.