Help with view from interior cell window

KiokothePirate

Nifskope is less about cutting out and more about hopefully removing whatever branches the creator left separate. There are some items, where you can click on a portion of the mesh, only it highlights, and you can get rid of it with nothing more than "remove branch," but there are other items that are a complete mesh, and your only option to remove parts is 3d modeling.

If a mesh is full piece, however, there is another option. Elianora has a youtube tutorial about making pieces of static meshes invisible. If you encounter a piece of wall with a window you can't remove in nifskope, or no window at all, then you can add an alpha and cut portions out of the texture to make a see through spot. You may need to add some other statics, like resized beams, to fill in any gaps created by the transparency.

The very few wall/window combos I've played with in nifskope, though, allowed me to remove windows easily. I'd go that route first.

The "Windows Resource Pack" below has just the panes of glass, without the frame around it. It's for Oldrim, so you'll need to run the meshes through the SSE NIF Optimizer tool, but otherwise you can probably just find a similar shape and resize it as needed in NifSkope. If your window has custom-shaped panes, you may have to create your own meshes in Blender or another modeling program.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40676

Ooh, I think I've figured out a way to get the windows working in a manner that is passable at least. That window pack had just what I needed. I'll have to add some ivy around the exterior window to hide some clipping, but it should work.

UPDATE:

OK, so I got the windows looking exactly as I want them in the CK, but when I view them in game they are out of place and not to the scale to which I had set them. They're just floating in front of where they are supposed to be. I tried doing a clean install of the mod, but it didn't fix the issue.

Any ideas? I'm using the windows from the window pack mod that was linked earlier, ran them through the optimizer, but I don't know why they aren't appearing correctly.

Windows in CK:

ISM%20New%20Window.png

Windows in Game:

ISM%20NEW%20Window%201.png

Edited by KiokothePirate

I assume you're scaling them up in the CK? Try scaling the actual mesh in Nifskope and see if it does the same thing. Not sure if that's the issue - just a way to troubleshoot it by cutting the CK out of the mix.

One new issue. The new windows seem to have some invisible collision issues. With the windows in place the player cannot interact with anything on the desk in front of the window.

It would seem that the window has left over collision from the original mesh. How do I get rid of it.

Screenshot%206.png

Edited by KiokothePirate

There should be a collision node in the mesh. Open it in Nifskope and then you can either delete the collision branch altogether, or replace it with the collision branch from something flat like a wall.