Hello everyone.

So I've been working on a city mod. Everything has been going fine until I decided to put in a merchant...

I've watched all the tutorials on the internet and I'm 100% certain that I'm doing everything right.

From what I've observed through the 10 hrs of struggle with this is ---THE FACTION->VENDOR LOCATION RESETS BACK TO "EDIT" UPON HITTING OK---

I am convinced that this is the issue. Anyone got any idea what's going on? I've been modding this game for a long time now and this is the first time I get an issue like this.. really frustrating.

Any help appreciated - I'm on a dead end here... thanks in advance

EDIT - SOLVED: Turns out I was missing a detail in my faction settings under the "Rank" tab. In order for the merchant to work I had to create a new rank and set a value (for example 0). Set radius to something like 30 or something. The location keeps resetting, but it seems not to affect the dialogue option not popping up after all.

Edited by ka1zyGONEcrazy

Hm... Okay, I don't know what might be causing this...So I'm going to ask stupid questions:

*Have you restarted CK? (I guess you did after 10 hours, but still)

*Do you have a rank made? (a number)

*Is your NPC in the faction? If yes/no try doing it with the opposite.

*Is there a similar faction for the same NPC?

*HAve you tried leaving it this way and launching the game to see if he is selling or not?

Just add a number (0 for example). I never add any names unless I have to. I don't think this is the reason, but you can try.

EDIT. Sorry, I'm a little in a rush (battery is going out and I stopped thinking). Go to ranks, add new (as I said, one with 0 will be enough), click OK to let the program save it and then try to add location.

Edited by nayakri

EDIT: Well! That seemed to fix it after all! I cannot thank you enough. The rank fixed it. I am eternally grateful to you, sir! Words cannot describe the frustration I've had with this!

I wonder though, why don't ANY tutorials (including the creation kit website) mention this? Beats me. Again, thank you! I'll leave a solution in OP in case anyone else has this problem (even though I've never encountered any posts about this).

Edited by ka1zyGONEcrazy

It is connected - it tells when and where the dialogue should pop up (so the merchant isn't going to sell his wares while sleeping). <- quick edit: this is quite stupid, ignore this please.

Have you tried making another faction? Similar but with different ID and name?

That's probably my last idea for the moment - my battery is out. I wish you luck!

Edited by nayakri