• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

FlyIgnite

FlyIgnite

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

First and foremost, I want to say I have nothing against transgender people and they deserve to live their lives the way they want as are we all, but one thing that has been nagging on my mind, is what would you

do if you are a guy and find out the girl you were dating was a transgender, what would you do? Like i said i have nothing against a transgender but in my mind they are still either a "man" or a "woman", and we deserve to know about it and not be shamed for our own sexual preferences and called "transphobic".

Harbringe

Harbringe

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Its simple if a trans was with a straight and didn't inform that person right from the start then the relationship is under false pretenses , a lie. It would be no different than if a married man was with a girl and she didn't know and thought the relationship was something that it was not , he would be a scumbag deserving of a beating and so too would the trans. And its not transphobic to prefer straight sex , thats just nonsense.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

I have zero desire to date a man pretending to be a woman. Once that was revealed, that would be the end of the 'relationship'.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,801 posts

That is something that MUST be revealed from the very start. PERIOD.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

That is something that MUST be revealed from the very start. PERIOD.

I agree. Unfortunately, some of the trans folks feel that is information that you simply don't need to know. Not so very long ago, a young trans "girl" (boy pretending to be a girl....) was killed for the deception. "Her" partner found out that she had the twig and berries, and beat "her" to death. That's a tad extreme....... but, I can almost understand where the guy is coming from. (an no, I do not advocate killing someone for such a deception.)

CharrGazgre

CharrGazgre

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
If that transgendered person still have male sexual organs, I will end the relationship status and then switch it into friend status, of course. No way, I would date that person any further.

But really it is all Depending on situation, if that transgendered person is 110% (or more) fully committed to becoming a beautiful girl (like very feminine like) and they have no male genital and no male secondary sexual characteristics. I probably will give that transgendered person a chance to go on relationship with me.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

If that transgendered person still have male sexual organs, I will end the relationship status and then switch it into friend status, of course. No way, I would date that person any further.

But really it is all Depending on situation, if that transgendered person is 110% (or more) fully committed to becoming a beautiful girl (like very feminine like) and they have no male genital and no male secondary sexual characteristics. I probably will give that transgendered person a chance to go on relationship with me.

When I went to my daughters wedding in Florida earlier this summer.. (yeah, cold here, HOT there, that was fun.) One of her 'bridesmaids' was a trans girl. According to theory, 'she' had been on hormones for several years already, though, no sex reassignment surgery as yet. Beautiful hair.... but, you just can't hid the male facial features, the male walk, and the way the arms hang when standing upright. (actual female arms tend to bend outward from the elbow. There are pics online that illustrate what I am talking about.) And, of course, the voice was MUCH to deep for a gal. (and then we get into the whole mannerisms thing......)

Nope. Sorry. I have yet to meet a trans girl, that could actually PASSS as a girl. Does 'she' exist? Maybe. But, I am not holding my breath. There are far too many cues to suggest something ain't quite kosher.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 6,801 posts

The whole point is, keeping that a secret, and waiting 6 months to a year or longer to tell the other person, then being shocked the the person is angry they've been lied to the entire time, because the transgender person was hoping the other person would "fall in love" and "not care" or "grow to like it", is about as fair as telling the transgender person that they have to change their sexual preference to being straight and go back to being the sex they were born as.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

The whole point is, keeping that a secret, and waiting 6 months to a year or longer to tell the other person, then being shocked the the person is angry they've been lied to the entire time, because the transgender person was hoping the other person would "fall in love" and "not care" or "grow to like it", is about as fair as telling the transgender person that they have to change their sexual preference to being straight and go back to being the sex they were born as.

Ah, but, after six months or so, and you discover the truth, and end the relationship, you are accused of being a bigot, or prejudiced, or something equally as hateful.

RGMage2

RGMage2

Free Radical

• Premium Member
  • 1,297 posts

Ah, but, after six months or so, and you discover the truth, and end the relationship, you are accused of being a bigot, or prejudiced, or something equally as hateful.

We live in an age when telling the truth risks being politically incorrect and bringing down the wrath of god on your head, (currently that god would be social media, which is an interesting twist on our efforts to create a god in our own image).

We are force fed ridiculous ideas and expected to embrace them, and the cost of resisting can be public shaming and maybe even your job. 

Page loaded in: 0.706 seconds