Straight Men and Transgenders

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

steve40

steve40

I am not a robot (or am I?)

• Premium Member
  • 6,349 posts

If changing such cultural norms was not possible, then cannibalism would still be a thing.

Cannibalism is still a thing, a very minor one but still. I recall hearing recently about a guy that got in contact with people that wanted to be eaten alive and ate them, pretty disturbing stuff.

That is not cultural cannibalism, that's mental illness. It happened 15 years ago, and Rammstein even made a song about it.

steve40

steve40

I am not a robot (or am I?)

• Premium Member
  • 6,349 posts

it's a big world, with many cultures. If your lifestyle isn't compatible, find a location that is. If you can't do that, then learn to live in the culture you are in, or, suffer the consequences.

People have been trying to do that for a very long time here in America, live their life and mind their own business, unfortunately there's a certain group of people who want to tell EVERYBODY how to live the way THEY think everybody should live.
It never dawned on me why all the stores were closed on Sunday back in the 70s and 80s.
Why?
Separation of Church and State meant those stores should've been open, but people get into power who want to force their rules on everybody who is, as you say "Learning to live in the culture they are in", unfortunately the "Suffer the consequences" in your statement always plays a much bigger role.

I mean it's not like people are having a barbecue and someone calls 911 on them for barbecuing.....oh wait.

It's not like a little girl is selling bottled water and someone calls 911 on her because.....oh wait.
It's not like a family trying to use the swimming pool in their gated community gets the cops called on them by some overzealous wanna-be Barney Fife who acts like......oh wait.
It's not like people just want someone to make them a wedding cake, but .......oh wait.
It's not like a pizzeria refuses to cater a gay wedding and......oh wait.

But guess who cries "PERSECUTION" the loudest?

In about a month we're going to have the "Official Imaginary War on Christmas™", where those same certain people will once again lose their minds over coffee cups and people saying "Happy Holidays", instead of being offended by the commercialization of the Holiday whose original message was "LOVE EVERYONE".
I'm more offended by Christmas Decorations going up for sale in the stores BEFORE HALLOWEEN now.
THAT, is the actual war on Christmas,
But apparently there's an imaginary war on it, and people will trample each other to death to get the best console, and dvds because that's what the original message was, right?

It's something that happens here CONSTANTLY in America by a certain group of people who cannot stand what they think others are doing in their own homes and bedrooms behind locked doors, and it drives this group of people crazy to not be able to tell them what to do.

The sad part about this is,

1. Whenever a group of people are MADE EQUAL to this group of People, this group of people gets offended that the other people are now equal with them, and start saying silly things like "What about MY rights?", hint, they haven't LOST any rights, the other people were just given the SAME rights these people had, and THAT makes them mad so they, Demand Laws be made that makes them "More Equal" than the people just made equal to them, so they can go back to discriminating and harassing those people.

Just like Orwell's Animal Farm, where the pigs keep changing the rules to benefit themselves only, at the expense of the other animals...

"All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others."
So yea, half of us go about trying to live our lives, the problem is the other half who want to tell the other half how to live it.

And now we have the dems trying to tell us how to live, and what morals are 'acceptable'.  In all reality, there will always be someone telling you how they think you should live. Be it the government, the church, or some other group. in some places, if you don't like the government, you can change it. In others, well, not so much. There is no 'perfect' society, and there will never be one. Not so long as humans are involved.

That's the point though. It's THEIR CULTURE. Who are you to dictate to them how they should live? That seems awfully arrogant to me. If you find their culture incompatible with your lifestyle, don't go there. It really is that easy.

What about the people born there? And would you say the same if their culture said it was alright to imprison believers of a certain religion, for example?

Take a look at the radical islamists. They have a whole SLEW of beliefs that I vehemently disagree with. But, just because I disagree, doesn't mean they are going to change. What you need to understand is, not everyone is going to agree on everything. Some folks will disagree with you just to disagree. Others are so deeply conditioned by their beliefs, that even attempting to change their minds is considered a crime. That's just the way the world is. Life is NOT fair. The sooner you learn to accept that, the less stressful your life will be. Also, I would point out, that their are other folks out there that disagree without OUR way of life, and beliefs. So, should WE change????

If changing such cultural norms was not possible, then cannibalism would still be a thing.

I wish you a lot of luck with that. The culture that Freyadiin wants to change, his been pretty set in their ways for centuries. They have a lot of momentum to overcome. It will take centuries to affect that change, if it ever happens at all.

Considering that some 25 or so countries have legalized gay marriage in the last 17 years, I'd say those centuries have already passed and the momentum is pretty strong, whether we like it or not.

Freyadiin

Freyadiin

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 246 posts

Considering that some 25 or so countries have legalized gay marriage in the last 17 years, I'd say those centuries have already passed and the momentum is pretty strong, whether we like it or not.

I think he might have been referring to Singapore or Asia in general since I mentioned it earlier. The momentum there is definitely not strong and there is heavy resistance from the religious and conservative majority. Just recently in Singapore there was a petition to repeal the nonsensical and honestly malicious ban on gay sex, but most of the churches and the conservative majority banded together to make their own petition to keep the ban, which had double the signatures last I checked. Unfortunately Asia is a pretty hostile place for anyone that's a little bit different and calls for change rarely ever get any steam. I think it's due to Asian culture being focused around tradition, collectivism and conformity.

Page loaded in: 0.685 seconds