Straight Men and Transgenders

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 8,802 posts

edit;  Now I remember.  "Music to sooth the savage beast".

Actually it's "Musick has charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak." from "The Mourning Bride", 1697 by William Congreve.

Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast,
To soften Rocks, or bend a knotted Oak.
I've read, that things inanimate have mov'd,
And, as with living Souls, have been inform'd,
By Magick Numbers and persuasive Sound.
What then am I? Am I more senseless grown
Than Trees, or Flint? O force of constant Woe!
'Tis not in Harmony to calm my Griefs.
Anselmo sleeps, and is at Peace; last Night
The silent Tomb receiv'd the good Old King;
He and his Sorrows now are safely lodg'd
Within its cold, but hospitable Bosom.
Why am not I at Peace?

Pagafyr

Pagafyr

Adventurer, Gamer, Want to be a Member of the Explorers Guild.

• Premium Member
  • 2,480 posts

edit;  Now I remember.  "Music to sooth the savage beast".

Actually it's "Musick has charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak." from "The Mourning Bride", 1697 by William Congreve.

Why am not I at Peace?

That is so cool.  My americanized mind only remembered what older children said.  Now I know the rest.

Why am not I at Peace?

At 10:00 AM MST.

These thought drifted out of the air,

from near or far.

I know not where.

Now I lay me down to sleep,

If I'd known I would have not have wept.
For all the things we do 
doth not make a merry keep.
Prisoners in our own minds.
Afraid of life.
Afraid of dying.
of the unknown.
Without the king,
we must go on.
The king is dead.
Long live the king!
In my grief I realize
there's no end to this song.
And today his widow tears
shed no lies.
about how she fears
as she goes on.

steve40

steve40

Cult of Hurk

• Premium Member
  • 6,517 posts

If only I could prove some of the things that happened to me during my life time.  :woot: Because I cannot, because back when it happened most often, there was the lack of quick camera phones and in house security cameras.  None installed in buildings where I stayed, rentals, where the weirdest stuff happened.  Because of no proof my life is a fiction to everyone else, and a non-fiction only to me.

Ever since, I have had my space equipped with security camera's to capture any experiences like I have had, and might have again, 20 years has passed without a single incident that is wondrous or strange.

Of course, the way my hair color is and my beards color is might give some people in the sciences of human anatomy enough evidence to prove some of the things that happened to me.

I'm still alive!   :woot:

Just the same.

WIN[/size]!

Is it 4:20 where you are?

I think we are seeing the effect of stronger substances.

True. He thinks this is the "Last Poster Wins" thread.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Beer Ambassador

• Premium Member
  • 8,802 posts

Is it 4:20 where you are?

I think we are seeing the effect of stronger substances.

He sounds like the guy you get stuck talking to at 2 am while you're friend is in the next room buying weed.

RGMage2

RGMage2

Free Radical

• Premium Member
  • 1,398 posts

funny thing is that that's usually the way it works with these debates.

EnglishGentleman

EnglishGentleman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

i don't 100% agree with transgender people i tolerate them and that's all your going to get from me

What part do you disagree with exactly? Sounds like you're implying we chose to be trans.

If you don't wish to date us that's fine, that's your right.

first of all thank you for challenging my comment because i now have to put my money where my mouth is and to answer your question...

i don't know if this is classed as a disagreement but i don't like that transgender people have the power to trap........their preferred sexual preference RIGHT!! gay blokes it says it right on the tin a male that sexually prefers other males same with lesbians and bisexuals just that they don't mind which one

if a male for lack of a better word turns himself into a female and then dates another male are they a straight couple or a gay one and vise versa don't get me wrong if steve wants to become stephanie then go for it do want makes you happy all i'm saying is if i was more educated on thee transgender topic i would more likely to fully accept them and not just tolerate them 

EnglishGentleman

EnglishGentleman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

i don't 100% agree with transgender people i tolerate them and that's all your going to get from me

What part do you disagree with exactly? Sounds like you're implying we chose to be trans.

If you don't wish to date us that's fine, that's your right.

also i know why men want to become women its because we want some god dam descend clothes thats not sh*tty hipster chav ballocks i'm joking btw

oh look at me with my t shirt thats a dress and skin tight jeans i'm so fresh.........erm no you're not what you are is a meme head  :laugh:

btw don't take this seriously it's ment to be in all good fun

Mktavish

Mktavish

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,656 posts

Not going through life with an "Im Transgender" sign , so as to possibly confuse someone who might be attracted to you.  Is way less troublesome , or actually harmful ... than those who don't bother using turn signals.  And weave in and out of traffic with their Me First driving attitude.

But yet there it is everywhere you go driving down the road.

For all the discussion on gender dysphoria being a psychological disorder ... which I think it is settled that it is.

What about homophobia being a psychological disorder ?   Which I have some experience with , and there are a few different causes of it.

Now aside from occurrences of sexual assault / harrasment ... or even a simple inappropriate gesture of a sexual nature towards someone.  It would seem homophobia is simply induced by the very presence and knowledge that someone is gay/trans/other .

Speaking mostly about the male side of homophobia , since it is the more prevalent and problematic imo.

Considering there are many men who don't have a problem with it ... it would seem then that those who do and more directly to the extreme cases of it.  They then in comparison have a mental disorder , that then should be looked upon as such.   Instead of getting looked at and lumped in with what I think most people could agree to as good moral fiber.

For sure somethings go to far in the name of social progress ... but you have to look at the reasons for when,where,why they came from.   And most certainly , the grievances the direction has sought to change , is not done moving. Which has been in motion for a long time ... 

Where it goes from here , is not going to made better with weak facsimiles of the old stigmatic road blocks.

Which were a lot stronger , and still crumbled.

Freyadiin

Freyadiin

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

For all the discussion on gender dysphoria being a psychological disorder ... which I think it is settled that it is.
What about homophobia being a psychological disorder ?

Just to quickly clarify: gender dysphoria ie the dysphoria (negative feelings) associated with gender incongruence is classified as a psychological disorder yes. However being trans itself is not considered a disorder.

I think it would be inaccurate to describe homophobia as a psychological disorder. Homophobic individuals are assholes sure, but just because they're bad doesn't mean they're mentally ill.

Mktavish

Mktavish

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,656 posts

What about homophobia being a psychological disorder ?

Just to quickly clarify: gender dysphoria ie the dysphoria (negative feelings) associated with gender incongruence is classified as a psychological disorder yes. However being trans itself is not considered a disorder.

Well I thought I was clear enough in my meaning , sorry if I wasn't.

But yes being trans is not the disorder , but would be considered a solution to the disorder.

And looks to be the best one so far for the individual , but then you can't really measure everyone with the same yard stick either.

I think it would be inaccurate to describe homophobia as a psychological disorder. Homophobic individuals are assholes sure, but just because they're bad doesn't mean they're mentally ill.

It is dismissive to say all who feel homophobic are assholes.  Feeling the fear is not really a choice , but what you do with that fear , can lead to behavior considered being an a**hole.

I was going to expand a lot more on that , but I think I'll just keep it simple for now.

Homophobia is definitely a mental disorder (irrational fear)  of which I suffered what I would call a fairly extreme case of it for nearly 2 decades , and will probably always have it to some degree.

How and why I got there ??? well that is a story for another time ... but in my opinion of experience , my story is probably a pretty common one.

Which basically is about the fear of seeing gay tendencies in ones self , then how that effects your interaction with others.

Page loaded in: 0.741 seconds