Mod "requirements"

Deleted59093361User

What is the logic behind having the fourth section since it is confusing to novice modders? If the mod requires another to work and that requirement is on the mod page, that should be sufficient.

Why waste space and resources for a confusing list?

honestly I have no idea . I could ask the devs next week about this , maybe they can explain the reason for this feature

but right now I can't tell you , this was implemented before my addition to the team , and I'm not a part of the Nexus development team so I can't speak for them

if you have input regarding this feature , I would recommend writing it in the suggestions forum , I'm sure the devs will see it and take it into consideration (especially as I'm sure they are aware of the confusion regarding this)

I actually love that feature - its great if you download a framework like campfire and want to see which mods utilize it without having to ask

Edit - if it is really so confusing to newcomers, perhaps instead of simply not having a section show up if there are no requirements, just have it say "This mod does not require any other nexus mods" so there's always four sections, just explicitly stating if there aren't any requirements.. might be clearer

Edited by avocadoninja

• 3 months later...

Does "offsite requirements" mean that I can't use the mod without them, or? In order for me to get XP32 Skeleton an offsite requirement is SKSE, which in turn would mean I have to buy WinZip to open it and WinZip is currently a minimum of $35 a month..... Suggestions? info? Thanks

Offsite requirements means it is not available on the Nexus network. It doesn't mean you have to buy something else then the legal version of the game. SKSE (SE) is in .zip format so it means windows 7, 8 and 10 can open it by it self, maybe even previous versions.

You can download for free 7zip or winrar. they also can handle with .zip files and even more. My advice is google for 7zip.