Weird shadow behavior on modified mesh

kuzi127

Hey guys, I have this issue I've never seen before and can't figure out for the life of me.

I'm making some makeshift attachments for the FO3 R91 mod out of the models used by the pipe weapons. I've edited them through 3dsMax to look how I want and exported back into nifskope, then copied the trishape branches back into the nif for one of the original attachments. I set all the lightingproperty values to match what the "new" models came from, in some cases even just copying the whole thing over. From what I can see everything is as it should be.

Problem is, once in-game the shadow properties are screwed up. It looks to me like they are inverted somehow; whenever the model is in bright sunlight, it is dark. When something is between it and a light (should be shadowed) it's bright as can be. The "texture" (not the actual dds stuff) is weird too, it looks like gooseflesh. When I pull out a pipe weapon using the original model, it looks normal. I have also modified some parts from other mods with the same method and they look completely normal. I edited and used part of the lead pipe as the grip, which is in the same nif, and it looks normal. There's probably some flag somewhere I haven't checked but I'm stumped at the moment. I'd upload some screenshots but I'm kind of new to the whole forum thing and don't know an easy way.