6 replies to this topic

Cithramir1987

Cithramir1987

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Hi Guys,

Im struggling to import files into a .nif file with nifscope. 

Im making a weapon that i want to import into skyrim se, but all the youtube guides i can find are for Skyrim vanilla. 

So when following guides, i see that they have NiTriShape Data container where the Sword sits in, when i open in this case a daedric sword it hs BSTrishape instead of the NiTriShape data.

So i ignored it carried on and then i got to import and its greyed out. i tried with the latest versions of nifscope and 1 version back from the latest still cant import the obj files

Anyone with experience importing weapons into SE? 

Please thanks

FrankFamily

FrankFamily

The Evil Blacksmith

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,008 posts
You could follow the tutorial for skyrim classic and then run the mesh through nif optimizer, available in the nexus. that will convert the nitrishape + nitrishapedata to bstrishapes.

Edited by FrankFamily, 23 September 2018 - 01:46 PM.

Cithramir1987

Cithramir1987

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

You could follow the tutorial for skyrim classic and then run the mesh through nif optimizer, available in the nexus. that will convert the nitrishape + nitrishapedata to bstrishapes.

Thanks for the reply, i currently have Skyrim SE nifs that are already in BSTrishape, the tutorial got me so far i created the mesh and the texture of the weapon. Now im sitting with the trying to import the OBJ file into the (Template aka Daedric Copy) 

dirtyuncleron69

dirtyuncleron69

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

this is a super old comment, but for those looking for answers I have had decent success downloading an oldrim nif set, opening in nifskope, importing a new OBJ into it, replace the NiTriShape with my new OBJ, assigning textures etc, and exporting a new NIF, then using Outfit studio to add the bone weights and update it for SSE.

for some reason the SSE optimized meshes won't let you import an OBJ in Nifskope, but oldrim meshes will

Edited by dirtyuncleron69, 28 January 2020 - 06:32 PM.

BarronTV1

BarronTV1

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

this is a super old comment, but for those looking for answers I have had decent success downloading an oldrim nif set, opening in nifskope, importing a new OBJ into it, replace the NiTriShape with my new OBJ, assigning textures etc, and exporting a new NIF, then using Outfit studio to add the bone weights and update it for SSE.

for some reason the SSE optimized meshes won't let you import an OBJ in Nifskope, but oldrim meshes will

What version of Nifskope did you use, if you can remember? I'm on the newest version and when I use oldrim nifs I still can't import :/

dylbill

dylbill

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,091 posts

I would just use Outfit Studio to import the .obj, then convert to .nif.

Algabar

Algabar

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,209 posts

What version of Nifskope did you use, if you can remember? I'm on the newest version and when I use oldrim nifs I still can't import :/

The "classic" version of Nifskope for working with "Oldrim" assets is 1.1.3.

It's still available here (scroll down to the very bottom of the page).

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.117 seconds