Photo

i am looking for someone how can help me step by step on how to organize the pex files into the correct folder that i need to make skyui work properly

skse64 2.0.8 skyui 5.2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Stranger

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

hello!! I am looking for someone who can help me organize the skse64 pex files for the mods I have for skyrim SE by placing the pex files into the correct folder that they need to be placed in to make skyui work properly I read the instructions skse64 2.0.8 came with but its not clear what folder to move the pex files into it just says move all pex files from data/scripts to data/scripts of installation it does not clarify which folder in the instructions do I put them in the skse64_2_00_08 folder or do I place them in the scripts folder in the skyrim se folder where the dll's are found?? I really need help with this so that the skse and skyui doesn't give me an error message once I start up the game. I had it skyui working well for one minute til it stopped working again during game play when I was setting up the configurations of my mods on it. if anyone can help me out id really appreciate this whole heartedly!!! 

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

Your Friendly Neighborhood Assassin

• Premium Member
  • 6,832 posts

inside your Data folder you should have a Scripts folder . if not , simply move the scripts folder of SKSE64 inside your Data folder . if you do have the folder , you could still put the downloaded folder into your Data folder , and allow it to merge with the existing one . there is no reason for it to ask you to overwrite files , but if it does there should be no reason to say no

after you verify you've installed SKSE64 correctly , simply reinstall SkyUI and that should work

I hope this covers it , but I may not fully understand the issue so please try to explain what exactly isn't working

Stranger

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

inside your Data folder you should have a Scripts folder . if not , simply move the scripts folder of SKSE64 inside your Data folder . if you do have the folder , you could still put the downloaded folder into your Data folder , and allow it to merge with the existing one . there is no reason for it to ask you to overwrite files , but if it does there should be no reason to say no

after you verify you've installed SKSE64 correctly , simply reinstall SkyUI and that should work

I hope this covers it , but I may not fully understand the issue so please try to explain what exactly isn't working

ok I have a scripts folder in data but it already has the pex files all inside it ive watched videos and it showed I needed to move the pex files into an skse64 folder then rename it skse64_2_00_08 scripts then to move it to desk top and then to zip it up an install it into the nexus mod manager so do I just leave the pex files in the scripts folder in the data section or do I move em or should I just zip them up and add to nexus mod manager?

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

• Premium Member
  • 6,832 posts

you don't have to install the scripts with NMM at all , it's just something that people do to keep their game's folder as vanilla as possible , which makes removing mods easier to do

but you can just manually install the scripts and it'll work just fine

if you want to install the scripts , just do what the video shows . it's really simply up to you to decide

Stranger

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

you don't have to install the scripts with NMM at all , it's just something that people do to keep their game's folder as vanilla as possible , which makes removing mods easier to do

but you can just manually install the scripts and it'll work just fine

if you want to install the scripts , just do what the video shows . it's really simply up to you to decide

ok your advice did not help because 1, I got a bunch of error messages of skyui not workin and outdated or files missing, SoS put an error sayin its dll was missing to reinstall when I have already doine that an added it to the skyrim se folder with the other dll's, and then some other errors popped up so yeah I think I need a more better and  clearer answer on where to place the pex files etc because leaving them in data / scripts just isn't cutting it 

WastelandAssassin

WastelandAssassin

• Premium Member
  • 6,832 posts

I really doubt the errors are due to the pex files

could you please post pictures of the errors you're getting? or at least make a list of these errors with their entire text? (use spoiler tags to keep the post short and concise , helps us to read through the thread)

I would also recommend that you check your antivirus software . sometimes it flags Dll files as viruses etc , so they are sometimes quarantined . this could be the cause of your missing Dlls , though I can't know for sure with the information you've provided

maybe add pictures of your game's folder (where SkyrimSE.exe is) , your Data folder and your Scripts folder , just so that we can verify everything is installed correctly?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skse64 2.0.8, skyui 5.2

Page loaded in: 1.058 seconds