NMS Solar System Index ... Mapping it !

NexusBull

As most of you are aware the SSI (the last number in the galactic address ( or 2nd,3rd and 4th numbers in the portal address) are the 'locations' of the systems within the galaxy (Euclid for most people). Unfortunately the numbers are more of a index rather than a location, and this coupled with NMS's difficult to navigate galactic map becomes annoying quickly. I've read some peoples attempts to resolve this (pamebai6 and pathos11 discussion on reddit, 2 years ago) who came close... to the point of finding where the X,Y,Z locations with Offsets are located within the code. Yet no one has ever written a Mod to display actual coordinates or a mapping utility other than a basic 2d map to aid in getting to the center. Personally I am happy to explore forever in the start galaxy, since others are just re-hashed copies anyways. I have taken the Light Year distances of some systems and mathematically plotted them in 3D and the distances work out, so somewhere there must be actual coordinates stored. As far as I can tell the save file has some 'visited' data , but no complete data of the system. And it can't be randomly created because complete player restarts creates exactly the same Planet names and Distances. Anyone else find this annoying? Oh and the planet numbers aren't actually their positions either, it's also just a index (pointer to the actual location data)... Thanks for letting me rant.