Vortex "Missing Masters" Issue

LokiX21

Worked for me by manually going into the file directory(seeing my files had not been deleted for some reason, even though I uninstalled), and I deleted them there. Then I just went through a deployment and confirmed deletion in Vortex. Reinstalled the mods and it worked. It's hard to blame Vortex because I love it, but I think in this case, it's due to Vortex we all have this issue. It should be adressed by someone who bother, but Im not going to do it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Than

So I am in the process of switching over from NMM to Vortex after experiencing a CTD issue that I couldn't get straightened out while using NMM to mod the legendary version of the regular (non-Special Edition) Skyrim.

Currently I'm in the middle of trying to use Vortex (version 0.16.5) to install all of the mods that I was using for the saved game that I hope to pick back up, but twice now I've had Vortex report a "Missing Masters" error.

The first error keeps coming up while trying to install the Hot Fix esp v_802 file that the Nock to Tip author (foster xbl) created for their Nock to Tip main file. The same error occurs if I try to use a different hot fix file for the Nock to Tip main file such as OperatorCactus's Nock to Tip Fixes.

The second error keeps occurring while trying to install the RSChildren USLEEP Patch file that the RSChildren author (Ranaline)) created for their RS Children main file. The same error occurs if I try to use a different USLEEP patch file for the RS Children main file such as Rentak's RS Children Overhaul USLEEP Patch.

While neither of those files caused problems for me while installing them through NMM (or at least they didn't seem to with the extent of my knowledge), in both instances now that I'm using Vortex they each are currently producing an end result where Vortex ends up reporting that there are "Missing Masters" for the Nock2Tip.esm as well as the RSChildren.esm and the USLEEP.esp respectively.

I don't have the technical knowledge at this point to be able to dig into the interworkings of Vortex nor the respective mod files and figure out why this is happening, but from what I have been able to observe within the Vortex > TESV Mods > Install > Nock To Tip, RS Children, and USLEEP folders is that the installation of the aforementioned patch/hot fix files causes the ".vortex_lnk" portion of the "Master" files to be removed, which within the context of how Vortex seems to work causes those files to not be "Deployed" and in turn become "Missing".

So with all of that... has anyone else had the same thing or something similar from happening, and if so... were you able to figure out a way to rectify it?

Also... does anyone with a better understanding of Vortex, mods, and mod patch/hot fix dynamics have any thoughts/suggestions/advice on how to fix/stop/prevent/address the "Missing Masters" thing from happening?

Asking because it seems likely to me that if I'll have problems trying to pick back up where my last saved game left off if I don't have the same Nock to Tip and RS Children USLEEP patch/hot fix installed.

Regardless... much thanks in advance for any help provided.

k You very much brother

• 2 years later...

I'm having a problem with FNVEdit. It won't allow me to check a plugin from the list, unless the required masters are present. But the thing is, those masters are into merged mods I have. What can I do to bypass that check-lock?

Edited by APNBUSTER

I'm having a problem with FNVEdit. It won't allow me to check a plugin from the list, unless the required masters are present. But the thing is, those masters are into merged mods I have. What can I do to bypass that check-lock?

You can't - merging plugins destroys the original. You'll have to have the required masters present. This is also nothing to with the topic at hand or Vortex in general.