humpywolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there.

I'm looking to dump some hours into developing a mod manager for LInux. I found the git project site for Vortex, but can you give me a couple clues as to where I'd find a primer to how the more complicated mods are managed? I'm old to coding but looking at code will do me no good if I don't understand what it is supposed to be doing.

Like fomods for instance for mods that have multiple options, and ideas on how to deal with conflicts. Valve has spent a s#*!-ton of money on Proton to get Windows games working so I'm willing to spend some skull sweat to support the effort. I really want to play Skyrim on Linux the way I like it on Windows, so thinking this needs to be done. I've been out of programming for a couple decades now but I I'd like to flex my code muscles again and this would be a fantastic project to dig into.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my vote for linux support

I do think it would be a interesting idea to allow it to be offered through steam so it can be used with proton if its still a windows EXE but Its been ages since Ive done any coding or development so I could have no Idea what Im talking about...

either way, Linux support plz gib.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a fairly new Linux distro called Ubuntu Gamepacks that can run a great many Windows games. I can play Skyrim SE almost flawlessly, but I need a mod manager that works on Linux. Vortex comes closest to working since it will start and run, but it can't find any of the games that are installed. It would be awesome if Vortex were made for Linux, or worked better with Wine.

• 2 weeks later...