[LE] Nif export problem

nayakri

I looked for solution on Google and here and found nothing.

When I export a file from Blender in Nif type, everything goes right: no errors, nothing. But when I try to open my file in NifSkope, I get this error:

"Failed to load block number 0 (NiNode) previous block was NiHeader"

My best guess is that I failed to put right numbers into some Nif settings in Blender, but I have no idea where to start looking. Perhaps someone here knows what's the problem?

Thank you for any help - my frustration with creating this cursed mod grows with every day...

• 2 weeks later...

I could never get that to work either. Best alternative I could find was to export the nif in 3ds format (obj format results in a messed up corrupted export, for me) then re-import the 3ds file in nifskope.

Sadly, my 3ds max doesn't want to cooperate with its Nif plugin - no idea what's its problem, really. If the situation won't change fast (and I'll get with my mod far enough), I'll have to ask someone to turn my meshes into usable Nifs...

You dont have to use 3ds max. Just open the nif in blender and instead of exporting it as a Nif export in 3ds format, then open Nifskope and import the newly created 3ds file. No 3ds max used in the entire process

Thats strange what version are you using? I use version 2.0.0. Pre-Alpha. From the file menu you choose import, then import .3ds. I should also have mentioned you need to open the old unedited mesh in Nifskope then import your blender .3ds file into that.

Edited by morrowind1979

Nope, I've got only obj import - and it's not working correctly either :tongue: I think I have the newest version, I'll try to find yours and then we'll see.

EDIT. I'm not editing meshes, that's the problem. I'm creating them from scratch - like new candles and glasses (primitive work, I know, but I need it).

Edited by nayakri

Nope, I've got only obj import - and it's not working correctly either :tongue: I think I have the newest version, I'll try to find yours and then we'll see.

EDIT. I'm not editing meshes, that's the problem. I'm creating them from scratch - like new candles and glasses (primitive work, I know, but I need it).

Sorry m8 thats about as far as my knowledge on the subject goes. Maye someone esle can help.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,

I have the same error, Nifskope says: "Failed to load block number 0 (NiNode) previous block was NiHeader"

Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong?

I adjusted the settings as mentioned here : https://beyondskyrim.org/exporting-blender-2-7-skyrim/

google got me this result: https://github.com/niftools/blender_nif_plugin/issues/242#ref-commit-69b6938

"The material was using nodes which results in it inheriting another material"

Do I understand correctly, that using a picture as texture as I did is not possible?

https://imgur.com/a/cz9P09p

in the screenshot on the right you can see, that I used a Node/png as texture.

Please excuse my bad english.

Edit: exporting as oblivion Nif, reloading the oblivion Nif, exporting as Skyrim Nif works with some adjustments (Uv map)

Edited by bierbomber